low pass in ob/gyn. how screwed am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nets445

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a low pass in my ob/gyn rotation on a H/HP/P/LP/F grading system. This was my second rotation of third year. I got Honors in my first rotation. I am interested in doing IM/anesthesiology/or maybe radiology. I have a high 220 step 1 score and go to an US allopathic. How screwed am I from the LP I got from Ob/Gyn. My evaluation comments were not that bad. I just screwed myself over on the shelf exam.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this was going to asking about matching into ob/gyn. What you're asking is kind of like a premed asking if a C in english will keep you from getting a research position in biochemistry

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But wouldn't program directors in other specialties such as IM or anesthesiology question why I got a "low pass"? A low pass in my school is really really bad. If I'm able to get Honors and High Pass for all my other rotations with just this 1 low pass, will I be fine?

But wouldn't program directors in other specialties such as IM or anesthesiology question why I got a "low pass"? A low pass in my school is really really bad. If I'm able to get Honors and High Pass for all my other rotations with just this 1 low pass, will I be fine?

You want to go into IM, Rads, or Anesthesia? Relax. You'll be fine. Highly doubt any of those specialties care significantly how you did on Ob/Gyn except maybe the high level academic institutions.

You want to go into IM, Rads, or Anesthesia? Relax. You'll be fine. Highly doubt any of those specialties care significantly how you did on Ob/Gyn except maybe the high level academic institutions.
Yea I know. I'm not trying to go to top 20 anyways. I am happy with a mid-tier program close to home. I'm just worried about having a LP on my record but I guess it's not too big of a problem?

Yes, word is that if you get a low pass in OBGYN you are as good as blacklisted from all non-OBGYN residencies.

Seriously, relax and move on. You could do far far worse.

If I was reading your app I'd probably rank you higher for that

Reactions: 1 user