low PAT and QR, decent AA/TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edeguzm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT recently and my scores were:

PAT 17
QR 16
RC 20
BIO 22
GC 19
OC 21
TS 21
AA 20

My cGPA is 3.68 and sGPA is 3.47. I double-majored at a top 20 university and am confident in every other aspect of my application. I'm just worried that the PAT and QR will hold me back. Would these stats possibly get at least one acceptance if I'm applying broadly?

Members don't see this ad.

PAT 17
QR 16
RC 20
BIO 22
GC 19
OC 21
TS 21
AA 20

My cGPA is 3.68 and sGPA is 3.47. I double-majored at a top 20 university and am confident in every other aspect of my application. I'm just worried that the PAT and QR will hold me back. Would these stats possibly get at least one acceptance if I'm applying broadly?

You have a good GPA and a strong AA which helps. Some schools may flag your application because of the low PAT and QR scores but you won't know until you apply.

I think you’ll be fine. Most schools care about these scores the least. Apply broadly!

Reactions: 1 user

PAT 17
QR 16
RC 20
BIO 22
GC 19
OC 21
TS 21
AA 20

Your scores in the sciences and reading are fine , including your AA and TS. Your QR and PAT scores are a little lower but not below cutoffs for most schools. A lot depends on where you apply. I would apply broadly to schools that you have researched and have the best chance of getting an interview invite. If you have some schools in mind I would call them directly with your stats and ask them about your scores. I would make sure you have a strong personal statement, that is often the door opener to an interview and if asked on an interview about the QR and PAT just be prepared with a good response.

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Reactions: 1 users