shsaniei2002

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I just want to know if admission committee for an MD school place more emphasis on pre-req grades than on over all GPA or Science GPA. If so, should I bother trying to improve my pre-req Orgo and Calc grades? Thank you

Bio A
Gen Chem A
Org Chem 1 A (taken in the summer)
Org Chem 2 B+
Phy A
Calc B+

Overall GPA- 3.78
Science GPA- 3.7

theseeker4

PGY 3
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2011
Suburban Detroit, MI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just want to know if admission committee for an MD school place more emphasis on pre-req grades than on over all GPA or Science GPA. If so, should I bother trying to improve my pre-req Orgo and Calc grades? Thank you

Bio A
Gen Chem A
Org Chem 2 B+
Phy A
Calc B+

Overall GPA- 3.78
Science GPA- 3.7
Either you are a poor troll, or you are so neurotic you need to get out and do something that DOESN'T relate to medical school or academics in any way. Seriously, do you honestly believe a B+ is a detriment to your application?

xXIDaShizIXx

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2011
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Either you are a poor troll, or you are so neurotic you need to get out and do something that DOESN'T relate to medical school or academics in any way. Seriously, do you honestly believe a B+ is a detriment to your application?
Yeah OP. Chill out. You don't have to have straight A's in every single subject to get into medical school. I used to be like this. Stop and life is so much easier.

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
Apr 17, 2012
Status
Medical Student

Bio A
Gen Chem A
Org Chem 2 B+
Phy A
Calc B+

Overall GPA- 3.78
Science GPA- 3.7
:wow: You've got to be kidding me.

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Op I don't think adcoms in the carribbeans would even look at your application with those piss poor grades. Your best shot now is to apply to med school in Poland. Good luck.