Low RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental2026

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello !
I took the DAT and scored 19AA/21TS/23PAT (20 bio, 22 ochem, 20 gchem, 17 QR, 15 RC, 24 PAT).
Obviously my RC is very low. Yes I put in an embarrassing amount of effort into RC prep & yes english is my second language. I studied for ~6 weeks while working so I could definitely improve the science & QR but I’m afraid I won't be able to improve RC.
I would love to hear your advice on what I should do next.. Apply this next cycle with these scores or take a gap year and retake the DAT.

More of my statistics:
Residency: WA (Gonzaga University)
Major: Biochem - oGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.5
1500 dental assisting hours
Jobs: chemistry tutor
SGA, pre-dental club

Here are the schools I’m thinking of applying:
If you think I shouldn't apply to any of these school for any reason please let me know too !

Schools that emailed be back and suggested to apply anyways / no cutoff scores:
  1. ASDOH
  2. MOSDOH
  3. Creighton
  4. LECOM
  5. NOVA
  6. Loma Linda
  7. Marquette
Schools that have not gotten back to me:
  1. University of Washington
  2. UDM
  3. Louisville
  4. OHSU
  5. University of Colorado
  6. Case Western
Schools that suggested to retake it:
  1. Midwestern-AZ
  2. Western
  3. Boston
  4. Tufts
Thank you in advance for your help <3
I would wait on the other schools to get back to you, especially your in-state school! You should retake it if you’re confident you can score just as good or better in the other sections, imo. English is my second language as well, so I know how hard it can be sometimes, feel free to PM me if you need tips or anything if you end up deciding to retake it! Also I don’t know that you would need to take a gap year in order to retake the DAT, unless you haven’t graduated yet.

Reactions: 1 users