doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
392
0
Fresno
Status (Visible)
I made a low score on the SAT 1440. I did relatively well on the MCAT (Mid 30's). Anyone else in the same boat.
 

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
4,206
11
43
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by secretmiss
1440s on the SAT isn't low

mid 30s isn't exceptional


I don't know what you are getting at

newbs, always feedin them. *sigh*
 
About the Ads

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
441
0
Status (Visible)
It had been so blessedly quiet for a few days.

Don't feed the troll!
 

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
3,479
3
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I made a low score on the SAT 1440. I did relatively well on the MCAT (Mid 30's). Anyone else in the same boat.

i know exactly what you mean. i only got a 1590 SAT score, but all my practice scores have been up in the high 20's! that's a high isn't it? i can't explain this phenomana though. I mean, i just don't see why i did so much more poorly on the SAT than MCAT.
 

meanderson

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2003
681
0
Status (Visible)
I know this a troll, but I would guess the *best* correlation with a 1440 sat would be about a 33 mcat. After adjusting for the different testing populations.

I prepared pretty well for the sat and scored 1440. That was about what I expected to make based on practice tests. I prepared pretty well for the mcat and expected a 35-37....froze up on my best section and scored 32.

I knew someone from college who scored 840 on his SAT and 30 on the mcat. He probably took every practice test from every company he could find(at least 45 practice tests). But it paid off for him.
 

jjmack

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
822
12
LA
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
wow, this is such a troll thread, but your correlation worked perfectly for me.
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
2,048
6
Status (Visible)
Hey it's been awhile since you've posted, doctorcynical. What happened to you?

True trolls post every day and are unrelenting in their trolling activities. :smuggrin:
 

gschl1234

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
1,016
14
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by musiclink213
i know exactly what you mean. i only got a 1590 SAT score, but all my practice scores have been up in the high 20's! that's a high isn't it? i can't explain this phenomana though. I mean, i just don't see why i did so much more poorly on the SAT than MCAT.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one.:thumbup:
 
About the Ads

nikoo

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
86
6
Status (Visible)
fill me in - what is a troll and what does it mean when someone is trolling?
 

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
776
2
39
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
DR. C: I don't understand you. It's quite obvious no one likes you and no one finds you funny. Why keep posting ridiculous threads? Why not realize waht's goign on here, grow up a little bit, and become a functioning member of society?
 

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
2,062
1
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I made a low score on the SAT 1440. I did relatively well on the MCAT (Mid 30's). Anyone else in the same boat.

You're hopeless.
 

clowne

Untitled
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
104
0
middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Dr. Cynical, it would be hypocritical to not follow your own advice. Don't "abuse the privelege." Maybe you should retake the SAT to prove that you're worthy of Stanford.



Write pointless threads or bust.
 

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
392
0
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by facted
DR. C: I don't understand you. It's quite obvious no one likes you and no one finds you funny. Why keep posting ridiculous threads? Why not realize waht's goign on here, grow up a little bit, and become a functioning member of society?

I almost took your quote to heart then I realized that you are going to a mediocre med school. Good luck anyway.
 

NYGirl12

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
212
0
California
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I almost took your quote to heart then I realized that you are going to a mediocre med school. Good luck anyway.

a conceited troll . . . what could be worse :laugh:
 

stomper627

Go Cougs!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 22, 2003
1,140
2
46
Lyndhurst, NJ
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Slickness
Hey it's been awhile since you've posted, doctorcynical. What happened to you?

True trolls post every day and are unrelenting in their trolling activities. :smuggrin:


doctorcynical is NOT a real troll. He is a troll-wannabe. There is no way that he could even hold SnS jock. Pay attention folks....cynical gets fired up when HE'S supposed to be the one that upsets others!!!
stomper
 

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
776
2
39
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I almost took your quote to heart then I realized that you are going to a mediocre med school. Good luck anyway.

Hahha. Ok dude. Sinai is an awful school...you're definately right on that one. I bemoan the fact I'll be stuck in NYC for another 4 years.

Then again, if memory serves me correctly, you haven't gotten in anywhere yet have you? And sorry to burst your bubble, your future at Stanford is looking gloomier by the day ;)
 

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
2,062
1
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by facted
Hahha. Ok dude. Sinai is an awful school...you're definately right on that one. I bemoan the fact I'll be stuck in NYC for another 4 years.

Then again, if memory serves me correctly, you haven't gotten in anywhere yet have you? And sorry to burst your bubble, your future at Stanford is looking gloomier by the day ;)

Just as I said before, he tried to insult people, but end up being some funny jokes instead...
 

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
3,207
3
39
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I made a low score on the SAT 1440. I did relatively well on the MCAT (Mid 30's). Anyone else in the same boat.

LOL.

CCW
 

rgporter

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
920
1
45
C-ville, VA
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Slickness
Hey it's been awhile since you've posted, doctorcynical. What happened to you?

True trolls post every day and are unrelenting in their trolling activities. :smuggrin:

He did manage 300+ posts in a ridiculously short period of time. He averages 14.68 posts per day, even dtreese only has 13.69.
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.