Low science GPA, rising Junior, Need help with Post-Bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayday857

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a rising Junior with a low science GPA (2.17, thanks to Orgo) who goes to a prominent liberal arts school in the Northeast. I am also a History major which raises my GPA to a 2.9. I still have physics and statistics to do for pre-med requirements but fear I am too far in to go to a Post-Bacc program since a lot are either career changers or academic-enhancers that require you to have at least a 2.75 science GPA.

I was wondering if I should stop doing the requirements and take a couple of years off to work and go in as a career changer or keep going and work really hard to get A's in both classes. Suggestions for Post-Bacc programs would be greatly appreciated

Go Buckeyes!

Members don't see this ad.

Get your GPA up... even if you go in as a non-trad your GPA (cumulative AND science) still has to meet minimum standards (schools screen out anywhere between 2.75 and 3.00).

Hi guys,

I'm a rising Junior with a low science GPA (2.17, thanks to Orgo) who goes to a prominent liberal arts school in the Northeast. I am also a History major which raises my GPA to a 2.9. I still have physics and statistics to do for pre-med requirements but fear I am too far in to go to a Post-Bacc program since a lot are either career changers or academic-enhancers that require you to have at least a 2.75 science GPA.

I was wondering if I should stop doing the requirements and take a couple of years off to work and go in as a career changer or keep going and work really hard to get A's in both classes. Suggestions for Post-Bacc programs would be greatly appreciated

Go Buckeyes!

Hey OP,

First off---is DO an option for you? Are you open to the idea of retaking premed classes? What made you do so poorly in the earlier classes?

Second--I just wanted to restate that despite your poor standing as of now-if it's your dream to become a Dr. you can definitely do it! There are plenty of options available to you to help you achieve your goals so don't despair!

Could you give us a broader picture of your current standing?

Thanks!