LOW SCORE IN NBME FORM 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steptaker2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Just took form 19, score 230/171, long way to go, exam coming soon any suggestions to increase the scores....???

Members don't see this ad.

I Just took form 19, score 230/171, long way to go, exam coming soon any suggestions to increase the scores....???

I personally think that doing questions is the best way to improve, especially in the last stretch. This helps you to focus what you're reviewing. If you get an answer right and you 1 - know why it was the right answer and 2 - know why all the wrong answers were wrong, you can move on without wasting much time. However, if you struggle, that's a chance to immediately identify an area for improvement and also review that particular topic and several adjacent topics with the wrong answers and explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Form 19 is one of the lesser liked forms at the moment because it has such a harsh curve. Like in the previous comment, it's a good idea to review your right and wrong answers. Then, brush up on your rusty topics and try a different form and see if your score improved. If it's still low, you'll need to ask yourself what you think the issue might be - if it's a knowledge foundation issue (big picture) or small details that you're missing.

Purposely didn't do form 19 because I heard the curve was unfair and demoralizing. Ended up doing better on the real deal vs. my other nbmes. No regrets.

Reactions: 1 user
The practice tests are not terribly accurate in terms of predicting actual exam scores on the day of. There are lots of other factors at play, with test anxiety as one huge example. I have seen more people get increased anxiety as a result of practice exam scores than people who end up feeling reassured and calmer because of them.

Bottom line, keep doing what you're doing, study for your remaining time and be as calm as possible on the actual test day. You should be fine.

When I check the answers, Pathology killed me, so i will go hard on it. But i also found out that I misunderstood some questions, So i have to read better and Will read Pathoma, and starting UWORLD tomorrow as as study tool as well. Thank you guys for the feedback.

When I check the answers, Pathology killed me, so i will go hard on it. But i also found out that I misunderstood some questions, So i have to read better and Will read Pathoma, and starting UWORLD tomorrow as as study tool as well. Thank you guys for the feedback.

honestly, instead of reading Pathoma. I would subscribe and get access to his videos. He explains pathology so well.

Reactions: 1 user
i scored 13 points higher on the real deal then nbme19 (took it 1 week out). several classmates of mine had a similar jump from nbme19

Reactions: 1 users