Low Score on EK FLs - Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remedy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took EK FL1 (except Psych Section) & EK FL2 (except Psych & CARS Section), here are my scores:

EK FL1: C/P- 66%, B/B - 65%, CARS - 75%
EK FL2: C/P- 66%, B/B - 66%, CARS - Didn't finish yet!

I'm aiming for a 129 in B/B, 128 in CARS, and 127 in C/P & Psych. Does this seem feasible based on my scores? (One of the schools in my area I'm aiming for has ridiculous cutoffs for B/B & CARS).

Should I continue doing the remaining EK FLs (3 & 4), or should I go onto the AAMC Practice FL instead? I'm done content review, and have just been doing practice tests until September 12!

Members don't see this ad.

I would take a week and thoroughly review the material you missed, giving a day per subject. Watch videos, rewrite, memorize, do practice questions related to those topics. Then after a week, take your next EK FL. Do this until you have 2 weeks left, at this point, take the AAMC FL. You'll have a rough idea of where you're at and be able to spend a weak fixing up problem areas. Then you can spend the last week doing light review, looking through the content list to make sure you know something about everything, and memorize all those things like hormones and amino acid stuff.

Just my opinion, but that's what I'd do in your situation

Reactions: 1 user
Really wish people would stop saying a mid-60s score on EK is bad....

Also taking the full FL would probably be more beneficial for your stamina.

Reactions: 1 users
I would take a week and thoroughly review the material you missed, giving a day per subject. Watch videos, rewrite, memorize, do practice questions related to those topics. Then after a week, take your next EK FL. Do this until you have 2 weeks left, at this point, take the AAMC FL. You'll have a rough idea of where you're at and be able to spend a weak fixing up problem areas. Then you can spend the last week doing light review, looking through the content list to make sure you know something about everything, and memorize all those things like hormones and amino acid stuff.

Just my opinion, but that's what I'd do in your situation

Thank you. I am thinking of taking this week to do a quick run of content review & reviewing my first & second EK FL. And the latest I will take the AAMC Practice FL & OG questions is this Sunday, and spend the remaining week going over it. Time permitting, I'll have 2 remaining EK FLs after that, but not sure if I'll be able to finish those off.