Low senior grades - need to send final transcript to waitlist schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSus

Dr. Sus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I need to send final transcripts to waitlisted schools? Let's just say there's a HUGE GPA drop my senior year :)() so it would not be advantageous for them to see it...but if I don't send the final grades in, will that look suspicious? Comments? Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if I need to send final transcripts to waitlisted schools? Let's just say there's a HUGE GPA drop my senior year :)() so it would not be advantageous for them to see it...but if I don't send the final grades in, will that look suspicious? Comments? Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions?

I would think that there's no need.

Members don't see this ad :)
A new transcript is not expected until you get accepted, and it would be foolish to send one if it shows a marked GPA drop, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't send a letter of interest outlining/updating all your other accomplishments since you applied, and reiterating your profound interest in receiving an acceptance from them.

Anyone know how badly you have to do senior year spring to get admissions rescinded? Anyone know for sure? Would a C- break the deal? ouch

Well ... doesn't it depend on the school and the class? Some schools will not accept a C- in any prerequisite. Why don't you check the schools website.

It's not a prereq, just some lame class that is 50% participation and the professor and I don't exactly mesh well. And as a graduating senior I've lost any shred of motivation to feign interest/kiss ass.

hahaha:D. i have no idea in regards to your question, sorry. i love the honesty. if they do ask about the C-, just explain the above- i'm sure they'll understand =)