This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BNoog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
j

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My first impressions: you need to add DO schools to your list (a lot of them), you need to shadow primary care, and you need to retake any super low science grades and/or take more science courses. Also, if you are forced to take another year off, you need to keep volunteering. Ideally, do something you're passionate about and not just a check box; it'll shine through during an interview or on your personal statement when you talk about how much you've grown during your gap year! Adcom wants to see that you're still invested in the field i.e. committed despite your GPA. Good luck!

Indiana is your best chance for MD schools. Toledo accepts very few non residents with your stats. Add a few more DO schools to your list and you are competitive for all DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any clinical experience in the US? It seems that most of your nonclinical stuff is in foreign countries too. You need to get clinical experiences here in America. Same for nonclinical. Where was your shadowing done-here or abroad? Do you plan to practice here? Are you an I ternational student? Your ECs are not great. There are holes that need to be filled. And what do you mean 200 hours over 11 years? That’s less than 20 hours a year!

Indiana is your best chance for MD schools. Toledo accepts very few non residents with your stats. Add a few more DO schools to your list and you are competitive for all DO schools.
Glad to hear that I am competitive for DO schools! What DO schools would you recommend besides MUCOM?

Do you have any clinical experience in the US? It seems that most of your nonclinical stuff is in foreign countries too. You need to get clinical experiences here in America. Same for nonclinical. Where was your shadowing done-here or abroad? Do you plan to practice here? Are you an I ternational student? Your ECs are not great. There are holes that need to be filled. And what do you mean 200 hours over 11 years? That’s less than 20 hours a year!

Yes, I have ~120hr of clinical experience in the US. My school requires us to do ~10-20hr of volunteer work since Middle School and I kept up with it in college. I do plan to practice here and no, I am native born American. I mean I don't have hundreds of hours of volunteer hours and research, but I do hold strong leadership positions which is why I said great EC's.

Glad to hear that I am competitive for DO schools! What DO schools would you recommend besides MUCOM?
You'd be competitive for most DO schools. Except for the DO schools that have minimum sGPA requirement like KCU's sGPA cut off is at 3.25. Just get your ECs right and you'll be fine. Also add some new DO schools in the mix like ARCOM and ICOM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.