1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Low step 2, didnt match, planning step 3

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by art76, Apr 2, 2004.

1. art76

art76 New Member

I am an IMG from india with a step 1 and 2 scores of 90 and 77 respectively. The Step 2 was a disaster because i absolutely didnt study for it. I can't do anything to change my scores in step 2 but I am planning to take my Step 3 in 3 months from now. Although I know that programs just look at a pass or fail status on a Step 3, is it possible that getting a good score on the Step 3 would somehow make up for the Step 2 fiasco? I applied to pathology this year round but didnt match anywhere. Will be applying again for pathology next year. Any suggestions on what further I can do to strengthen my application?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. addicted2hope

addicted2hope Member
    7+ Year Member

A Step 3 score that rocks would surely help. Go for it! There are no other secrets... do something useful until the next application season - get some research experience, any sort of clinical experience in the US, good LoRs from American attendings and apply early next year. Good luck!