Low step1- help with IM program selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiningbug

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored low in step 1 and had to repeat few rotations. I am looking for a list of the IM programs accepting application for 200-220 step 1. I can look for details of each program in Freida but that takes time. Does anyone know a good resource/site/forum where I can find the list of IM program with their minimum step1 and step 2 scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I scored low in step 1 and had to repeat few rotations. I am looking for a list of the IM programs accepting application for 200-220 step 1. I can look for details of each program in Freida but that takes time. Does anyone know a good resource/site/forum where I can find the list of IM program with their minimum step1 and step 2 scores?

Well there is an IM forum on this site and this would be a reasonable question to ask there... They may not give you perfect specifics but might be able to point you in the right direction

The minimum scores on Freida are not always accurate. I matched to an academic IM program with a minimum step 1 that was about 10 points higher than mine. I also received about 22 interview invitations from the 39 programs that I applied to. Most of which also had minimum step 1 scores that I had not met. I did increase my step 2 score by 30 points, which likely helped me out. I suggest that you focus on getting your step 2 score up and apply broadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also, you might find that "repeating a few rotations", if you're referring to your clinical clerkships, becomes a bigger problem than your Step 1 score.