Low tier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools are considered low tier in the States?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't believe it has a fine line to distinguish those schools...

still i think many can agree that any schools not listed on US news would be 'low tier' (below top 50)...

but many schools not listed has close 'stats' as low ranked schools...

that's one of the reason that bottom 40-50th school keep changing every year...and school ranks between 20-40th change alot among them every year...you can see that if you compare the rank from 1998 to 2002...

if anyone think i'm wrong, correct me please...

good luck

Uh, I wouldn't go with US News in judging med school tiers. Georgetown, UC Davis, Tulane, UCI...these were all not in the "Top 50" in 2002. That doesn't make them low tier schools. If you're really interested in finding out the least reputable schools, examine their match lists. The places their graduates match at will show you if the school has a quailty program or not (and how higly PD's regard them).

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by X
Dude their all good medical schools, it's what you make of it.

X

I agree any US allopathic school is damn good! If you (the OP) think that you're above going to a non-ranked school then take your chances and apply to only the top schools. That's your decision.