Mar 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I have an upper division bio class that sucks this semester. I'm thinking of withdrawing from it, but am not sure if it's wise.

If I withdraw, for sure I can get a 4.0, but I will have only 11 units and another "W" (I have two already from back to back semesters). I will, however, have an AMCAS cGPA of 3.64 and a sGPA of 3.89

If I keep it, I will most likely get a "B" and my AMCAS cGPA will be 3.6 and my sGPA will be a 3.83.

I calculated these myself by the way. Any suggestions? Trying to weigh cost and benefits here.

SSC2

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Status
A "B" isn't the end of the world, but yeah sorry to hear you're in that situation -- It def sucks ruining a perfect score. If you withdraw again it's sort of a red flag saying "Saving the GPA" (I've read other threads like this and a few others have said this)

As long as you can attain a B or possibly higher, I think you should stick with it. Just work hard you still have time-- work harder than you have before.

:)

May 13, 2009
NJ
Status
Pre-Medical
I know you want a perfect semester but I would say just go through it and pull off that B. If it was a perfect cum/sciGPA, I would understand your concern.

Mar 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
A "B" isn't the end of the world, but yeah sorry to hear you're in that situation -- It def sucks ruining a perfect score. If you withdraw again it's sort of a red flag saying "Saving the GPA" (I've read other threads like this and a few others have said this)

As long as you can attain a B or possibly higher, I think you should stick with it. Just work hard you still have time-- work harder than you have before.

:)
Thanks!! Yeah, considering that both my GPAs are well above a 3.5 regardless, I think I might keep it.

Mar 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I know you want a perfect semester but I would say just go through it and pull off that B. If it was a perfect cum/sciGPA, I would understand your concern.
I'm definitely far from perfect, but I think being above a 3.5 for both would still put me in a good position. Plus, I can still get that "A" it's just really difficult.

Thanks!!!!!:D:thumbup: