Lower Standard Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

ParallelUniverse

What are some medical schools that have lower/lowest acceptance standards concerning GPA and MCAT scores in the USA? My overall situation (Scores/LOR/EC's) wont get me into a decent school, but I think they might be me into a school that is more towards the lower end of the spectrum, any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

here is a short list and only includes some

Vermont
Finch(CHICAGO)
Albany
Jefferson
Howard
Meharry
MCP
George washington
Tennessee schools-but you must be a state resident or own land there or some crap
FSU 3.5/27mcat, and not accredited yet

the problem with applying to these schools is that half of america does..Ex George Washington gets 9,000 application a yr.
Also Washington University in St Louis--3.8/36 :wink:

The best thing to do is take a look at the MSAR...medical school admissions requirement. I think sdn has a link to buy the book...plus many schools have a copy in their premed office. Are you talking about MD schools only because the DO school requirements are a bit less...some are 3.3 and mcat of 24....the Island schools are even less..post if you need more info or if you dont want to buy the msar and i can take a better look at it for you

Don't be fooled by the schools with lower numbers... these schools tend to get TONS of applicants (as Nurse said), so getting accepted is often harder than getting into the "scary" schools. I'm not saying you shouldn't apply, but make sure you have something on your app that makes you stand out. GOOD LUCK!! :)