lowest competitive MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FloridaSun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK....my question is not exactly the same as those posted before it.

What is the lowest possible MCAT score one can make and be competitive at EVERY school in the country? From Harvard to WashU to wherever to middle of nowhere?

(disregard other contributing factors for the moment).

It's merely a thought question. I'm curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's pretty much impossible to answer but..what the hell?

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree with 45. No one has made a 45 since 2001. So that means at LEAST 44 would make you the MOST competitive person. And for that matter, I haven't heard of anyone getting a 44 in a while....

How about within the top 5% of applicants?

OK....my question is not exactly the same as those posted before it.

What is the lowest possible MCAT score one can make and be competitive at EVERY school in the country? From Harvard to WashU to wherever to middle of nowhere?

(disregard other contributing factors for the moment).

It's merely a thought question. I'm curious.

Isn't that the same as asking what MCAT score would be competitive at the top 20 schools in the country? Or 10 schools? Or top 3?

37, because of Wash U.

okay. good to know. or at least, think about.

I think around a 33. I don't think a 30 is really competitive. I believe I heard somewhere that a 30 is usually considered the typical mcat score for people getting in. If this is the case, the problem is that most of those people with a 30 are probably getting into in-state schools with lower mcat expectations. If you look around, it seems like most schools with average mcats in the low 30s are in-state schools. Thus, they mainly accept in-state residents. Most of the schools which do not favor in-state seem to favor 33+ mcat scores. Worse still, if you're in Cali (like me :(), then you really need a 33ish score just to be competitive with the in-state schools. Hence, I chose 33 as the benchmark for a competitive score. Sometimes I really wish I lived in a state like New Mexico which has a strong school and low MCAT average.

Ehhh, I can see yourpt,but I still think its possible to be competitivewith a 30, and thats what the thread was about. The lowest POSSIBLE mcat.

To be competitive? around a 34. That will at least place you within 1 standard deviation from the average of almost every school you apply to.