• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Lowest % Correct Seen on USMLEWorld?

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
Verified Expert
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
doctajay.com
  1. Attending Physician
    What's the lowest percentage correct that you have seen for a question in USMLE World. I just did a question where only 11% of people got it right. It was a question about which virus produces a precursor polypeptide that has to be cleaved by a protease before it can produce viral proteins, or something like that. I got it wrong of course but it made me feel good that only 11% of all the other students got it right :).

About the Ads

DoctaJay

bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 23, 2005
    USA
    doctajay.com
    1. Attending Physician
      Yeah I am, and I will probably take the best in early June. The reason why I'm starting so early is that my school only gives us really like 3 weeks after finals to study for Step 1, take Step 1, and have a vacation before 3rd year starts. I know I'm going to need a least 1 week of vacation, so basically I have to be ready to take the thing about the same time I take finals for school. So that is why I'm starting a little...alot early :). I envy you guys that have like 8 weeks between finals and 3rd year.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 16, 2003
      1. Attending Physician
        i had a question about passing score for USMLE step 1, i heard it's between 60-70% to pass..does that mean that passing is a number between 60-70 % but it depends on the form of the exam? i.e. in some years passing is 65% while in other years it's 68%, is that what it means?

Nobody knows, its seriously one big mystery. I personally don't think 60-70% is the passing score, because a lot more people would fail. I think 40% is probably passing. Anyway it doesn't matter because no one knows and they won't tell.

studyguy123

10+ Year Member
        Dec 10, 2008
          Nobody knows, its seriously one big mystery. I personally don't think 60-70% is the passing score, because a lot more people would fail. I think 40% is probably passing. Anyway it doesn't matter because no one knows and they won't tell.

a Kaplan rep came to my school and told us for both COMLEX and USMLE that passing is between 60-70%

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.