Lowest % Correct Seen on USMLEWorld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the lowest percentage correct that you have seen for a question in USMLE World. I just did a question where only 11% of people got it right. It was a question about which virus produces a precursor polypeptide that has to be cleaved by a protease before it can produce viral proteins, or something like that. I got it wrong of course but it made me feel good that only 11% of all the other students got it right :).

Members don't see this ad.

DoctaJay, I think you said elsewhere that you're an MSII. So what's with starting World this early, when's your test date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I am, and I will probably take the best in early June. The reason why I'm starting so early is that my school only gives us really like 3 weeks after finals to study for Step 1, take Step 1, and have a vacation before 3rd year starts. I know I'm going to need a least 1 week of vacation, so basically I have to be ready to take the thing about the same time I take finals for school. So that is why I'm starting a little...alot early :). I envy you guys that have like 8 weeks between finals and 3rd year.

You're not alone in the three week shaftapalooza and all-round reaming. Best of luck and wishes.

i had a question about passing score for USMLE step 1, i heard it's between 60-70% to pass..does that mean that passing is a number between 60-70 % but it depends on the form of the exam? i.e. in some years passing is 65% while in other years it's 68%, is that what it means?

i had a question about passing score for USMLE step 1, i heard it's between 60-70% to pass..does that mean that passing is a number between 60-70 % but it depends on the form of the exam? i.e. in some years passing is 65% while in other years it's 68%, is that what it means?

Nobody knows, its seriously one big mystery. I personally don't think 60-70% is the passing score, because a lot more people would fail. I think 40% is probably passing. Anyway it doesn't matter because no one knows and they won't tell.

Nobody knows, its seriously one big mystery. I personally don't think 60-70% is the passing score, because a lot more people would fail. I think 40% is probably passing. Anyway it doesn't matter because no one knows and they won't tell.

a Kaplan rep came to my school and told us for both COMLEX and USMLE that passing is between 60-70%

Today I saw a 9%. Who knew ceftriaxone was a P-450 inhibitor!??

On UWorld assesment 2, there is a 5%. I forget what its on. Does anyone else feel the best learning is done between the 20-70% questions?

Today I saw a 9%. Who knew ceftriaxone was a P-450 inhibitor!??

On UWorld assesment 2, there is a 5%. I forget what its on. Does anyone else feel the best learning is done between the 20-70% questions?

That's weird. First Aid had cephalosporins listed as P-450 inducers.

That's weird. First Aid had cephalosporins listed as P-450 inducers.
That's not true-- I keep trying to delete this message and it won't let me-- sorry I was thinking about something else but the messageboard will not let me delete. SORRY!