Lowest GPA accepted to DO schools (record)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelminak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there is any information on what is the absolute lowest GPA that has been accepted to a DO school in recent history. Through a technicality of the AACOMAS changes, I probably have one of the lowest, if not the lowest in the country that got accepted.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what the record is, but according to the AACOMAS applicant profile in 2016, around 20 individuals matriculated with less than a 2.0 cGPA.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know what the record is, but according to the AACOMAS applicant profile in 2016, around 20 individuals matriculated with less than a 2.0 cGPA.
One should keep in mind that GPA reinvention might not be enough to raise cGPA if a lot of damage was done early on in one's career.

Some schools might be gambling on applicants as well.

But overall, SDNers should not focus, moth-like on a flame, at a single metric.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Wow! Ok, they definitely have me beat. I'm sub-2.5.

One should keep in mind that GPA reinvention might not be enough to raise cGPA if a lot of damage was done early on in one's career.

Some schools might be gambling on applicants as well.

But overall, SDNers should not focus, moth-like on a flame, at a single metric.

I was just wondering out of curiosity. I had rode the GPA-fixing train for years, just to have it pulled away from me half a year before applying. Thankfully it all worked out for me and I found a way to matriculate anyway, but there are definitely others who wouldn't have been so lucky.

Did you get into VCOM through the linkage? Congrats dude! If so, do you know which campus you are going to yet?

Seen your posts throughout the year

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get into VCOM through the linkage? Congrats dude! If so, do you know which campus you are going to yet?

Seen your posts throughout the year

Yeah! Carolinas!

So glad to hear that! I'm applying now. How hard would you rate the first semester 1-10?

Of the post-bacc? It's pretty good. Maybe a 8-9. Some hiccups here and there, but if you start strong (I didn't), you can give yourself a lot of wiggle room as it gets much harder in the end. I struggled tremendously with anatomy and had to play catch-up, but I put in the work to make it happen. Half the class made it in this semester, and probably 20-25% more will get in by Spring. I'm not sure of a better post-bacc.

Reactions: 2 users