SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Lowest MCAT Acceptance Stories

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by CVPA, Nov 4, 2001.

1. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2000
    OK, so there has been this 5-page thread, as of today, in the Pre-Allopathic section about lowest MCAT scores for people who have gotten in. I'm sure many of you guys have seen it. The information was encouraging, however, not necessarily applicable to those of us who are osteopathic applicants.

For those osteopathic applicants/students who may not have contributed to that thread, let's here 'em! I tried on the Osteopathic section but only got 1 response (thanks EMEDPA). Let's try it here...
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bostongirl22

bostongirl22 Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 24, 2001
    West Hartford, CT
    My friend goes to UNECOM and got a 21, with a 3.2 GPA.
  4. luckyduck

luckyduck Member 7+ Year Member

May 1, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    I was accepted 10-2-01 to OU-Com with a 21 April MCAT and 3.92 GPA. I received a 28 on the August test, but OU did accept me on the basis of the 21. It can be done! :)
  5. phd2b

phd2b Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001
    Congrats, LuckyDuck! Those are two impressive feats (getting accepted with a 21 and then upping your score 7 points)! How do you explain them? :)
  6. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2001
    Sault Ste. Marie
    mcmaster and ottawa don't even require the mcat. my friend got in with 8's.
  7. luckyduck

luckyduck Member 7+ Year Member

May 1, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    I used Kaplan for the April MCAT and the day of the test started out just fine, but by the afternoon I felt awful. I had a head-cold and could not concentrate, so my biology score was awful (and I am a Biology major!). To improve I worked really hard over the summer. I worked as a nurses' aide from 3-11 pm and would study 4 hours a day before my shift and then 8-10 hours a day on my days off. I didn't use any of the Kaplan stuff this summer and used Examkrackers books and studied on my own instead. I really liked the books and they sure seemed to work! :eek: I think my acceptance came because of my extra-curriculars, GPA, science GPA, and honestly, my personal statement which I worked on forever! I also received interviews from Lake Erie and Des Moines with those stats and just recently received an interview from Kirksville. I turned down Lake Erie and Des Moines, but am debating about going to the Kirksville interview.

P.S. Thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it! :)