Lowest score on Practice MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solid snake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What's the lowest score you guys ever got when taking a practice MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

10 total.

4 vr, 5 ps, 1 bs

I hadn't taken any biology when I took it and was taking organic chemistry. I thought I would have done a bit better, but oh well.

For those with low practice scores, what was your actual score?
That seems more interesting.

Kaplan Diagnostic:

5 VR
6 PS
6 BS
? WS

August MCAT:

11 VR
10 PS
10 BS
Q WS

Members don't see this ad :)
I had gotten up to a 27 on my last practice test, straight 9s.

I got a 21 total on the real thing. 7,6,8

I got a 23 on my firtst Kaplan diag, a 29 on my last and a 31 (11V, 10BS, 10PS) on the real thing.

Sorta off topic, but I essentially got the highest score I got on a Kaplan test on the real thing. From most people this seems to be the consensus-- your highest score on a Kaplan written test tends to be the real score on the MCAT (the Kaplan-written tests offered by Kaplan, as opposed to the misleadingly easy AAMC practice items)

Kaplan diag=28

One of the Kaplan teachers told us that Kaplan's unofficial promise is an increase in 8 points.

Diagnostic: 18 (8V, 5P, 5B)
Highest Kaplan Score: 33 (11 on all sections)
Actual: 31 (10V, 11P, 10B)

Karen

I took the Kaplan prep test/diagnostic. scored around around 7....in total and didn;t finish the essay....

I thought I was going to get totally blown away on the real deal....

I didn't...I don't think those test reflect the MCAT.......

it doesn't matter what you do in practice.........

It matters what you do on that one single day for those couple of hours.......

good luck to all

Originally posted by AegisZero
Sorta off topic, but I essentially got the highest score I got on a Kaplan test on the real thing. From most people this seems to be the consensus-- your highest score on a Kaplan written test tends to be the real score on the MCAT (the Kaplan-written tests offered by Kaplan, as opposed to the misleadingly easy AAMC practice items)

not always the case..i know tons of people who varied significantly (significantly=around 4 points..both above and below) their highest kaplan score. the scale they use is sometimes kind of weird. although i will agree with aegis, the aamc scoring is crazy--particularly the aamc scale included with TPR practice tests A-D. aamc is ridiculously easy, but the TPR tests are more difficult, and it's easy to get discouraged when applying the aamc scale to those tests.

kaplan diagnostic: 11, 7, 8
real: 9,9,9

= pathetic

Just to put some fear of god in some of you future test takers:

June 2002 (DIAG): 7,12+,9 = 28
August 2002 (Practice): 9,12+, 10 = 31
August 2002 (REAL): 8, 10, 9, S = 27

Keep in mind that I had a great test day. Arrived early, was relaxed, answered every question in every section like just like in my practice tests.

This may cause many of you kiddos to have a heart attack, but my score is AFTER a mix of AAMC, Kaplan, Princeton and EK material.