Loyola alternate list movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone heard anything about recent movement of the Loyola alternate list. I just get the runaround when I call. Does anyone have more useful information?

Members don't see this ad.

I havent called in two weeks, but they dont give any good info. They wont tell your position on the list and all they said was that there has been minimal mvt.

How recent have you called, and did they say how many have been taken off the list and how many have withdrawn so far? Do you know if their mvt has been picking up?

Anyone have any updated info?

I called last week and they said movement was minimal but they can accept people through the first week of class. That just further strecthes my seemingly unrealistic hopes of acceptance. Nonetheless, I will still wait until my second choice starts orientation in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loyola just gave me the call 20 minutes ago. I was pretty psyched since I loved the school, but as I'm already committed to going to UCSD, I'm letting it go. Good luck to those waiting! Do my space proud! :)

PS--I am a CA resident, don't know if that means anything for the waitlist movement...

Do you guys know if interview date has anything to do with how high on the list you are placed? If it does, this would give people a pretty decent indication of their chances of getting accepted.

i interviewed after the class was full, and was told of the waitlist policy by my interviewer. he indicated to me that the time of interview really made no difference. as i recall, he said that "we use a fair and established formula" to determine the rank of the waitlist. i hope this formula puts you me and NUgirl at the top of the list.

Good News waitlisters. I just withdrew from Loyola. Somebody should be getting "The Call" soon.

Good Luck!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by GuitarMan:
•Good News waitlisters. I just withdrew from Loyola. Somebody should be getting "The Call" soon.

Good Luck!•••••Thanks!!! And youre from Illinois too, so somebody from Illinois will get called. Please be me!!!!! :wink: Good luck next year wherever you go GuitarMan! :)

About the waitlist, my interviewer said that their ranking works in the following way. He said that they have scores for everything: interview, GPA, MCAT, etc and the higher your scores, the closer to the top you are.

bump?

is that good, bad, or something that forms when you get hit hard?