Loyola Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AAHHHHHH

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any news on the number of spaces available in Loyola's Class of 2006 post May 15?

Members don't see this ad.

no...but they seemed to leave the impression that most interviewees would end up on the alternate list (so i'd assume it's a pretty large number).

The letter I got said they'd starting calling 6/1....

more waiting...

They do turn down some interviewees I think. They told me they took 83 off the waiting list of about 200 last year, however, they won't tell you your rank on the waiting list unlike other many other schools. I called last week and they said movement was minimal so far and that they had many previously accepted students to contact at that point...

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by JasmoneLUMC:
•They do turn down some interviewees I think. They told me they took 83 off the waiting list of about 200 last year, however, they won't tell you your rank on the waiting list unlike other many other schools. I called last week and they said movement was minimal so far and that they had many previously accepted students to contact at that point...•••••I got the same exact info when I interviewed there.

Gower just posted on medicalgold that after June 15 only about 20 people get accepted, but I think b/c this year has been so messed up and everything got pushed back that waitilist movement will also be pushed back. When I called a week ago, they said that there has been minimal mvt. There will prob be A LOT more in June. Does anyone agree that most movement will be in June since things have been so messed up this year?

Does anyone know for a fact that interviewees get rejected post interview? It would suck if they put everyone on the waitlist cause then it becomes so big! By the way do you guys know of anyone who was pulled from the waitlist this year?

Good luck! I hope that we hear good new REALLY soon! :)

I personally know of 2 people both in the past two years who found out the week of orientation that there was a spot for them. But, I also know of people who heard right in June, too. Hey, patience is a virtue, and I figure, since it has been a year since this has all started, one more month of patience doesn't seem like that much. So, let's keep this link alive if people start hearing in the next week or two!

Loyola is awesome for sure; I got in and love it (I like it a loooot). When you all get in, we'll meet, party it up, and then chill in the hot-tob/whirlpool at the fitness center.

i called also and got hte exact info. it's like the chick there is reading it off a sheet. i sure hope we all get in....is loyola everyone top choice? have any of you on the alternate list been accepted to other schools? good luck to us all!

Does anyone have any new updates? Im thinking of calling by the end of this week to see if there has been any more movement from the waitlist. I want to also ask when they expect the most mvt this year. I doubt Ill get anything valuable out of them though.

Has anyone called REALLY recently and gotten any new info? Please post if you have or when you do!

Thanks! :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by NUgirl:
Does anyone know for a fact that interviewees get rejected post interview? It would suck if they put everyone on the waitlist cause then it becomes so big! By the way do you guys know of anyone who was pulled from the waitlist this year?

Good luck! I hope that we hear good new REALLY soon! :) [/QB]••••I got in off the waitlist this year. They gave me a call the 3rd week of May. They give you a week to decide if you will accept, so there could be a lot of slowing in the process just because people take the whole week making a decision. Good luck to everyone!

Guitarman I sent you a PM.

Congrats on getting off the waitlist! :clap:

Congrats Guitarman! When they contacted you did they call you or did they email you with the offer? Hang in there everyone with hopeful patience...

Hi Jasmone,

Dean Norstrom called with the offer. She called in the early evening (around 7:00) on a Friday. I've never received any email from Loyola.

Good Luck!

Any updates on the movement of the waitlist?