Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Loyola and Finch

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nochaser, Oct 13, 2001.

1. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Chicago Med, and Loyola (I don't understand these two).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    me neither. at this point, i have mentally written them off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I sort of wrote them off. Loyola has status checks by calling the admissions office Thursdays bet. 1-5 pm, so I'll call next week to find out where the heck I stand. Finch says that they have been "bogged down" with applications, and just began reviewing August AMCAS apps, and that secondaries should be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

2. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got a post card from Loyola stating my application is complete and "DO NOT SEND ADDITIONAL MATERIALS".

Additional materials? Like what? A bag of apples? Hookers?

Seriously though, They wouldn't take paper apps and I'm not processed yet, so I wonder if they got a whole paper app from AMCAS or just the "summary"?

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Don't worry. This year isn't normal.

4. Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho Member
    7+ Year Member

i got a application complete postcard ~2 weeks ago...

5. Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho Member
    7+ Year Member

from finch opps :rolleyes:

6. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I applied to both Finch and Loyola, and received both postcards from Finch and Loyola in September. I haven't heard about interveiws from them though b/c I took the August MCAT. Sorry, I can't help...

7. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Here is my experience with loyola so far:

A little less than a month ago I recieved a postcard that my letters were missing. So I called that thursday and checked because they probably crossed in the mail. The lady told me my letter packet was there (called again a week later to confirm this). So I wait for about three weeks, hear nothing until I suddenly get another post card in the mail saying one of my letters is missing. So I call and tell the lady that I had already been told my letter packet was there. She says, yeah, we received a packet but this one letter was not in there. So because they only checked to see if a packet had arrived and did not bother to check what letters had come in the packet I wasted about one month. I just had the letter resent 1.5 weeks ago. I'm going to Chicago this week and if loyola wants to interview me then it may just have to wait for a while cause I don't plan to go back anytime soon.

Also, just general info. The lady in the admissions office couldn't tell me when the review committee would be asking for more applications. She said the committee has 600 apps. and she doesn't know when they will be asking for more to review.

8. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

the woman who answers the phone at loyola never seems to know what's going on. not only that, but she refuses to pass the phone call or a message on to someone who DOES know what's going on. it's like she just HAS to be the one handling everything. it's pretty frustrating.

when i didn't get into med school the first time around, i set up appointments with a few schools to find out what my weaknesses were. most schools were happy to do this, but this lady at loyola refused to set up anything like that. instead, she pulled up my file and proceeded to tell me what she thought i should do. i'm like, your opinion is nice but i'd like to speak to someone on admissions. again, she said no but that she'd help me. so i proceed to ask her a few more questions about my app, which she couldn't answer, and she not only again refused to ask someone else, but she actually told me to call a few OTHER med schools and find out what THEY thought i should do. i'm like, fine but what does LOYOLA think i should do? and she couldn't help me with that one.

just my loyola story....

9. bubbaap

bubbaap Member
    7+ Year Member

pendulum--

I too took the August MCAT and have yet to hear anything from Loyola. I was wondering if they had sent you a secondary app or asked for rec letters? Do they screen or should I just ask for an app? Thanks.