Loyola... are you kidding me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 4 months... you send me a letter to let me know that... you haven't decided whether you're going to give me an interview yet?! Are you kidding?!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I dont understand them at all. I applied early, my application is very competitive (with stats WELL above their averages), and I am Chicago native. Yet, they continue to push my file back until the next review date, and then the next, and then the next.....

MisterMo said:
Yeah, I dont understand them at all. I applied early, my application is very competitive (with stats WELL above their averages), and I am Chicago native. Yet, they continue to push my file back until the next review date, and then the next, and then the next.....
Oh please please send me one of those letters. It will finally push me over the edge to withdraw my application and complete my season.

Members don't see this ad :)
that sux....i think some students fall into a kind of quagmire where adcoms dont want to reject you, yet they're not quite sure if they want to give you an interview, so basically you're put "on hold".....it happened to me at a few schools....i dont know what to tell you....the only thing you can do is wait it out with your fingers crossed :confused:

Loyola reads your applications very thouroughly and looks for a whole set of qualities so stats may not be as nfluential as they are at other places. If they sent you a letter, it means that they really are still considering you. Likewise, if you are seriously considering Loyola, it is worth your while to remain patient (and to write an update letter). There are several folks in my class who interviewed in April and got accepted.

Good luck!
Laurie

That's good advice laurie, thanks! I did send out a letter about 3 weeks ago, so hopefully that makes a difference. It seems like a great place to be.