vicx11

7+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2009
Status
i've checked all the loyola chicago threads that i've found, but there aren't too many posters/info in those threads. is it not a very popular program? i know it's fairly new, but it seems like no one really talks about it on this forum.

i was hoping to apply now (not for masters, but the one for students with no pre-reqs), perhaps for the summer or fall, seeing as how the summer deadline is apr 1, and i think i can whip up an application pretty quick (no recs!).

is anyone currently in the program, or has anyone been accepted for this year? if so, what made you select this program? i'd be going a long way from ny to this location. i'm trying to see if it's worth it. i really regret not applying to goucher or bryn mawr, where it's a one year program (stupid!).

i'm going nuts trying to decide what to do, because graduation is nearing, and i need to decide on a school. harvard is high up on my list, but i'm trying to see if there are other postbaccs where i can finish in one year.

i know loyola is costly, but would anyone know if they have some kind of a tuition reimbursement plan, like with harvard or northwestern, if you work at the hospital (or something of this nature)? or scholarships based on merit (i have a good gpa) or financial need?

i hear texas has some good schools, but i am restricted in a sense that i cannot have a car. i need to live in big cities, and i know that in chicago, you don't necessarily need a car.

some information would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :)

Last edited:

SEK1208

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2009
Status
i've checked all the loyola chicago threads that i've found, but there aren't too many posters/info in those threads. is it not a very popular program? i know it's fairly new, but it seems like no one really talks about it on this forum.

i was hoping to apply now (not for masters, but the one for students with no pre-reqs), perhaps for the summer or fall, seeing as how the summer deadline is apr 1, and i think i can whip up an application pretty quick (no recs!).

is anyone currently in the program, or has anyone been accepted for this year? if so, what made you select this program? i'd be going a long way from ny to this location. i'm trying to see if it's worth it. i really regret not applying to goucher or bryn mawr, where it's a one year program (stupid!).

i'm going nuts trying to decide what to do, because graduation is nearing, and i need to decide on a school. harvard is high up on my list, but i'm trying to see if there are other postbaccs where i can finish in one year.

i know loyola is costly, but would anyone know if they have some kind of a tuition reimbursement plan, like with harvard or northwestern, if you work at the hospital (or something of this nature)? or scholarships based on merit (i have a good gpa) or financial need?

i hear texas has some good schools, but i am restricted in a sense that i cannot have a car. i need to live in big cities, and i know that in chicago, you don't necessarily need a car.

some information would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :)
Hello! I have also tried, pretty unsuccessfully, to get some further real-life experience from someone who has done this program, and haven't had much luck either. I was accepted last year, deferred, and then had a serious medical issue arise. I reapplied this year, was accepted and am set to begin this summer. I also decided to apply to Northwestern, due to the evening class format. Anyway, it isn't really that new of a program. When I met with an advisor, I believe they said 6 years if I recall correctly. It was around longer than I thought.

I have heard from another individual who basically went full time and got the program done in a year, but if you ask an advisor, they will tell you it is discouraged. So, you have to decide for yourself and they will allow it I believe. I just posted another thread a couple days ago asking for advice again, since I am unsure which program to go with (Loyola vs Northwestern). You may want to look into that program as well. You can do a 12 month or 15 month track with Northwestern, and it is very flexible format. The application is a bit stickier in that they do require an LOR, will not waive on the the college level MATH (must have been taken within last 5 years. I took numerous college level math 7 years ago and Loyola accepted this, however, Northwestern will not) and they also require an Intro to Bio course (I am taking a short online course).

Lastly, because they are both formal post baccs, you are eligible for financial aid.

Hope this helps!!