Loyola Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew45

Rock Chalk.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else likely for Loyola next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Matty,
Will let you know soon. My interview goes to the committee on Dec. 15th. I loved the school, so don't count me out yet!!

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Matty,
Will let you know soon. My interview goes to the committee on Dec. 15th. I loved the school, so don't count me out yet!!

Hey, me too! What day did you interview?

I was quite impressed with the school. Very nice facilities, enthusiastic students. I hope I hear good news in a week and a half...It would be my first acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo yo,
I got in the day after thanksgiving and that is the school I am leaning towards right now. However, I'm still waiting on 4 schools post-interview including my first choice, and have one more interview scheduled in a couple weeks. My interviewers there were the nicest I had anywhere, really nice students and facilities, and it's a good location. The only downside is that there is no housing within walking distance.

Matt, are you going there for sure?

Originally posted by jdg222
Hey, me too! What day did you interview?

I was quite impressed with the school. Very nice facilities, enthusiastic students. I hope I hear good news in a week and a half...It would be my first acceptance.

I interviewed in November! All I kept thinking after was WOW! It really is a school that I would recommend to everyone!

I interviewed on the day before Thanksgiving. There were only three interviewees there that day.

Anyway, Good luck, Indebt, hopefully we'll both hear good news! :D

I'm still waiting to hear! I interviewed on the 19th, not sure when the committee meets though. people seemed to think nov was early in the interview season so I guess that's a good thing. It was my first time in IL and I was definitely more impressed with the school than I thought I would be - it doesn't really have a reputation on the east coast.

what's the deal with Loyola? They wouldn't even download my AMCAS. I submitted my AMCAS in mid October.

For some reason, Loyola stays blank on the AMCAS status page (at least on mine) - I'm not sure if they only receive the hard copy of the app (no electronic download) or if there's another reason it doesn't register. Although it's the only blank on my status page, I did receive a secondary from them. I applied in the summer, turned in my secondary a few months ago, and even tonight it's still blank.

Hey Swiper the Fox

Did they email you about the secondary or was it sent home?

It was sent home. Snail mail. They haven't yet done anything via email - in fact, they even sent a hard-copy letter when my file was complete.

Good luck, I hope you receive it soon!

i'm going to loyola next year!!!!! I alsolutely loved it. PM me if you're going as well!

I interviewed last week. The medical school facilities are extremely nice, but the hospital leaves something to be desired (especially because I went the day after being at Wash U). Even so, it seems like a great school and I'm considering it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone who, like myself, is going to committee tomorrow!! This is my first interview going to committee, so I am WAY nervous. I hardly know you all and I really love you. Great.. I told myself I wasn't going to cry :(

I am going to Loyola next year...anyone else who will be attending, pm me!

Loyola is awesome!! I was extremely impressed when I visited- I have no doubt that next years class will be one of the nicest and caring group of doctors- you will be lucky to be in such a supporting environment-
good luck to all those waiting!!!

The first person to hear from the Dec. 15th batch has to promise to post!! Do you know if they call or send a letter?!? Man, I am sooooooo excited!!!!!! Rosemary and Judy are FABULOUS!! (said like jim carey ;) )

What's the usual time between complete app and interview???.....thanks...

They send a letter. Oh, and I hear that the acceptance comes in a thin envelope, so if you get that, don't freak. Good luck everyone! We could be getting that acceptance in two or three days!!

ahhhhhhhhhhh. 2-3 days. My fingers are crossed and my stomach hurts! thank god I checked this posting and realized when the committee was meeting cause I was getting nervous waiting so long to hear :eek:

casey - my secondary was in on October 24th and my LORs got there the 29th. They called for an interview on the 5th of Nov. so I guess that is about a week.

For the record: Loyola's acceptance is a thin envelope.

MJP

Originally posted by illyire106
ahhhhhhhhhhh. 2-3 days. My fingers are crossed and my stomach hurts! thank god I checked this posting and realized when the committee was meeting cause I was getting nervous waiting so long to hear :eek:

casey - my secondary was in on October 24th and my LORs got there the 29th. They called for an interview on the 5th of Nov. so I guess that is about a week.

I was complete for about a week too before they called. BUT, this is not typical, i guess, because I kno people who have been complete for months with no word :( I feel bad for them., but at the same time, I am SOOOOOOOOOO freakin' excited! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :wow:

Just for those who were as curious as to why Loyola was not a "ranked" medical school by US News and World Report...I found this on another thread.

University of Illinois, Rush, Loyola, and Finch don't respond to rankings. If you check the U.S. News and World Report Webpage, click on methodology or details about the rankings or whatever. There should come a point where you can click on individual schools. For the schools that fill out the surveys, U.S. News gives their statistics... if a school doesn't reply to the rankings, the webpage will read, "This school did not return U.S. New Surveys," or something like that. I think out of the 125 medical schools, 117 of them filled the surveys out.

My guess is Loyola is definitely at least top 5
:D They just didn't want to embarss the other schools! Hee hee:) :)

when i went to loyola the head of the adcom said they would call if you got in? did they say this to anyone else?????????

Originally posted by watchtower
when i went to loyola the head of the adcom said they would call if you got in? did they say this to anyone else?????????

I didn't hear anything like that, but wouldn't it be cool to get a phone call on Christmas eve? Or my birthday on the 21st?? Keep this thread alive until we hear!!

Hey fellow Strtch fans,
About the call thing: The dean told us specifically we'd get a letter one way or the other. I had some special circumstances and called to ask if I could call in and find out if I was in the day after I went to committee. They were VERY accomadating to this request and really nice about it doing it for me, but I don't think it's SOP for the school. Good luck.

I too was told to wait for a letter. However, I decided to call a couple days after the committee meeting and the dean told me their decision. Very nice and accomadating

Cheaters... Just kidding! Well, how long after you went to committee did you guys get the letter? Huh Huh Huh? Thanks! :)

i just called loyola and they said that the letters were sent on the 16th... my assumption is they would have told me if i got in over the phone, but did not wanna tell me i was wl... oh well i just got an acceptance to wayne state anyways...

Congrats on Wayne state Mr. Tower!! Maybe Loyola is just cracking down on the phone calls and is hoping the word gets around!! Don't count yourself out just yet!

The letter should get here on or a little before my birthday. What a great present (if I'm in) and what a sucky present (if I'm out).

Can someone please post the online status check site? thanks.

Any news yet? The letter should be here tomorrow - the same day grades come out. So much is riding on tomorrow. I have to write update letters, so those grades better be good!! Yikes!!!

Just bumping this thread getting ready for the influx of letters tomorrow. Post here even before you tell the most important people in your life!! haha, j/k ...you can call your mom first! :laugh:

AHHH - this is wayyyy worse than waiting for ED for college (of course I was actually a great applicant back in the day and knew I was going to get in SOMEWHERE! unlike now. depressing.)

I was half afraid that my mom hid the envelope from me because it is going to be thin either way. so I gingerly asked her if I had any other mail - she said yes - handed me an envelope. . . .

credit card bill.. . . ugh - she can keep that one.

tomorrow is the big day then. I can barely concentrate at work!

Alas, no letter today, but there's always hope for tomorrow!! Got a couple of sweet christmas cards though!!

Why must the snail mail be soooooooooo slooooooooow? I live in the midwest, 5 hours from Chicago, but it takes the post office a week to send my Loyola letter?!! :mad:

Also-why can't they just tell us over the phone? What's the big deal? They said at the interview that their policy is that they don't give out that information over the phone unless there is a very good reason. I don't understand.

Thanks for listening (reading?) to my rant. I can only imagine that everyone like me, without an acceptance, is feeling the same way. We'll get through this, guys!

This wait is agonizing!! :mad:

Somehow, Loyola still uses my parents' address to contact me, so every day, as soon as I think the mail might have arrived, I call them and beg one of the unwilling souls in the household to trudge out to the mailbox for me... all the while I practically hover on the other end of the phone only to hear:

Mom: "well....."
Me: "Yeah? (anticipation creeping into my voice)
Mom: "Just a Christmas card from Aunt Ruth, and your bank statement."
Me: "Oh." (disappointment VERY evident)
Mom: "Is that bad?"
Me: "(Irritated) No, mom, that just means that the mail is slow."
Mom: "Oh, well call back tomorrow then I guess."
Me: "sure, ok... bye"
Click - conversation ended

Grrr..... it's really not that far from Chicago to Lansing!!

Oh, and by the way - are any of you SDNers with your hearts set on Loyola beginning to wonder if you can afford it? I mean 33k a year is pretty steep - do you think it's worth it? Just curious what everyone's thoughts on this are...:confused:

Hi,
I hope the suspense ends soon for everyone waiting out there. I was fortunate enough to interview early at Loyola and receive my letter after Thanksgiving break. However, I know the wait is agonizing because it was mailed to my school address and I was at home when the letter arrived! Anyway, I was so excited because I absolutely loved the school. I am 99% sure I will be going there next year and I really think it is worth the money. Before interviewing there, I was very concerned about the price of some of these private schools, but Loyola made me forget about that, because I knew I would be truly happy there. Someday, I'll make the money back and I sure hope that the experience will be worth it! Anyway, good luck to everyone waiting and I hope to see you at Loyola next year!!!:)

Just wanted to say "good luck" to all you expecting letters soon. I hope to see ya'll at loyola next year! Keep me posted!

no letter in the mail today!!!!!!!!!! I thought they were sent out on tuesday?? guess I'll have to wait until monday to see if they even sent me a letter!
if anyone gets the letter, let us know!! congrats chuck deli and starrynight
:D

I interviewed early this month (December). They said we'd get a notification in January, about third week. I was really impressed with the school, the curriculum, the students, etc, etc.

Im in!!!!!!!!!!! two acceptances in 3 days..... loyola and wayne state

I interviewed on the 3rd of December and the Dean told us we would go to committee on the 15th and then a decision letter would be mailed within 48 hours. When I called the admissions office and asked on Thursday, they said a letter was sent on Wednesday. That likely means that it will arrive here on Monday or Tuesday, since I didn't see it in the mail on Friday. So, it appears that it's unclear whether letters were mailed on the 16th or the 17th - but either way, they should be received by next week, depending on geographical locations:) Hope this helps!

Congrats, watchtower :clap:

Hopefully the rest of us will hear tomorrow.

That's it, I'm in!! Finally an acceptance. No more ulcars, checking the mailbox and email ;)

Loyola was awesome. I think that I'm going there but am not completely sure yet. Congrats again to everyone else. We'll have a great class next fall.

~J

CONGRATS JDG222!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'M IN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT BELIEVE IT- MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE :clap:
where are you already in debt??? have you found out??
good luck everyone

Oh My Gosh, everyone got in but me... J/k! I'm in too, guys!! This is sooooooooo awesome!! I was at work all day and my mom read it to me. I scared all of the customers screaming and then I ran up my cell phone bill calling everyone I know!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Loyola may be it for me... I'm withdrawing from everywhere outside of Cali! I'm in love!!

Congrats Biffbuddy and JDG!!

The first acceptance is the sweetest. Of course, I'll be able to confirm that if I get more than one. You guys rock!!

congrats guys!!! I am also going to Loyola next summer...hope to see you there.

i am really into loyola also, but what is up with it starting in july.... how much is tuition?? anyone know what the average debt is from that school? i can't wait to use that gym

woo woo!!!!

I'm in too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can REALLY enjoy my year off.