Loyola Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mln

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Loyola this coming Tuesday. It's my first choice school, so I'm pretty nervous about it. Can anyone tell me more about the interview experience? Questions that weren't listed on interview feedback? What the day was like? Was there lots of walking (wearing heels...)? What hotel did you stay at and how was the hotel?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

mln said:
I have an interview at Loyola this coming Tuesday. It's my first choice school, so I'm pretty nervous about it. Can anyone tell me more about the interview experience? Questions that weren't listed on interview feedback? What the day was like? Was there lots of walking (wearing heels...)? What hotel did you stay at and how was the hotel?

Thank you.

Loyola was my first interview and I was nervous as all hell. But apparently I did something right...I got in! It was a fabulous interview day. There were only two other prospectives interviewing with me, which is very different from other schools. You find out who will be interviewing you upon arrival. I think everyone gets two interviews. Both of mine were with faculty. I had a third interview-type thing with the head of admissions, which was very informal. He gave me a tour of the neonatology wing, which was awesome. I was asked a few ethics questions, and a few tough ones like, "what's the biggest challenge you've had to overcome" and "describe yourself with 5 adjectives," but I was mostly asked to talk about my life and experiences in and out of medicine.

The students are amazing. Talk to them in between stuff on interview day. Go ahead and stay with a student if possible. I did...she's also my best friend, though.

I had blisters by the end of the day, but it was also my first day in those heels. I don't remember walking a ton. You may have to walk kind of far depending on where your interviewers offices are located.

Everyone in the admissions office is incredibly friendly and helpful. And they have good coffee, which is a big plus for me :) No breakfast, though.

Hope this helps! Best of luck! I'm sure you'll love the school.

Thanks! Did you write thank you notes to your interviewers afterwards?

Members don't see this ad :)
mln said:
Thanks! Did you write thank you notes to your interviewers afterwards?

Yes. I'm really into stuff like that. I'm one of the few 24 year olds who always carries stamps in case I need to mail a letter, card, etc.

trishaaa said:
Yes. I'm really into stuff like that. I'm one of the few 24 year olds who always carries stamps in case I need to mail a letter, card, etc.

What about to Rosemary and the admissions staff?

trishaaa said:

Oh, and did you type them on letter paper, or handwrite them on notecards?

mln said:
Oh, and did you type them on letter paper, or handwrite them on notecards?

I do handwritten thank-you cards. I actually did send a card to RoseMary and Matt. I didn't send cards to secretaries at other schools though...and I still got in!

trishaaa said:
I do handwritten thank-you cards. I actually did send a card to RoseMary and Matt. I didn't send cards to secretaries at other schools though...and I still got in!

Thank you. You've been a great help. :)

mostly i'd just tell you to not sweat it. prepare for what questions you think they'd ask, look nice, get some good sleep the night before. but loyola is a great place and you'll feel welcome. unfortunately for you, we students have our last final exams today (for the m1's) and tomorrow (for the m2's) so you won't see too many of the students around campus when you are here to interview. but i know the admissions office was looking for people to help with tours and questions and such for the interviews next week. i'm sure you'll get a good feel for the place and enjoy it. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask em. :)

Roseary and Matt love getting cards. It probably won't make a bit of a difference in terms of your chance of getting accepted, but it would be really nice of any of you and you would score major karma points!!

so... how did it go?