Loyola Interviewing still?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZAZA67401

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Loyola still interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure that they are, but I've heard that it's only for a spot on the waitlist. I'm not sure if they're still sending out interview invites or not though. I hope they are though because I would still like one!

tacrum43 said:
I am pretty sure that they are, but I've heard that it's only for a spot on the waitlist. I'm not sure if they're still sending out interview invites or not though. I hope they are though because I would still like one!
you know, that may be true, but people here had me convinced i was interviewing for a wailist spot and I actually got accepted don't believe everything you see here. good luck, don't give up hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:
you know, that may be true, but people here had me convinced i was interviewing for a wailist spot and I actually got accepted don't believe everything you see here. good luck, don't give up hope.

You must really turn on the charm (or the MCAT and GPA) for admissions people Psycho. You get accepted everywhere. I'm glad you aren't interested in the West Coast! So, please go ahead and reject Loyola ASAP and go to one of the other fine schools that you've been accepted to. For example, Duke, which I didn't apply to, and let Loyola know that you would like your spot to go to the applicant from Cal Poly, SLO. ;)

Loyola is still very actively interviewing.

LaurieB said:
Loyola is still very actively interviewing.

but are they still sending out interview invites?

I'm not sure if loyola is still interviewing, but if they are it is DEFINATELY for a spot on the waitlist. I interviewed on jan 28 I believe, and the dean told us no one will be accepted b/c the class is filled but u can be pulled off WL, which they take approximately 33% of.

As far as I can tell, invites are still going out. I've given several tours lately and a couple of interviewees got their invites last week. We interview until the middle or end of April so there is still hope.

LaurieB said:
As far as I can tell, invites are still going out. I've given several tours lately and a couple of interviewees got their invites last week. We interview until the middle or end of April so there is still hope.

Well that's good news! :thumbup: Loyola is my first choice, outside of California that is (mainly I'm just holding out for UCI, I probably would take Loyola over USC).

Do you think that I should send it an update letter if I do it right away via express mail, or is it too late for that now?

I interviewed in late february, and by then, their slots were full, and all of us were only being considered for the waitlist. last monday, march 14, the adcom was supposedly going to meet to decide who was going to get in the waistlist, and they were gonna send out letters starting march 16. then, as the assistant dean(?) said during the interview, they will rank the people in the waitlist after May 15. she also said that last year only 11% of the people in the waitlist got in, however, in the 3 years prior to that, 33% of the waitlist got in. so, she said this year, she was gonna cut back on the waitlist offers.

babybichon said:
I interviewed in late february, and by then, their slots were full, and all of us were only being considered for the waitlist. last monday, march 14, the adcom was supposedly going to meet to decide who was going to get in the waistlist, and they were gonna send out letters starting march 16. then, as the assistant dean(?) said during the interview, they will rank the people in the waitlist after May 15. she also said that last year only 11% of the people in the waitlist got in, however, in the 3 years prior to that, 33% of the waitlist got in. so, she said this year, she was gonna cut back on the waitlist offers.

That's not such good news :thumbdown:

tacrum43 said:
That's not such good news :thumbdown:

well that sort of means that if you DO get a waitlist spot, your chances of being accepted are better than in past years, because there will be fewer waitlisters total...unless i read the previous comment incorrectly. either way, good luck. i'll be at loyola this fall. i loved the school. good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

tacrum43 said:
You must really turn on the charm (or the MCAT and GPA) for admissions people Psycho. You get accepted everywhere. I'm glad you aren't interested in the West Coast! So, please go ahead and reject Loyola ASAP and go to one of the other fine schools that you've been accepted to. For example, Duke, which I didn't apply to, and let Loyola know that you would like your spot to go to the applicant from Cal Poly, SLO. ;)
it must be that southern charm in the northern states :D Actually Northwestern had no trouble rejecting me. I will almost definitely turn down Loyola soon. First, I have to discuss this situation with my gf who is going to school near Chicago so she doesn't totally kill me when she finds out.

tacrum43 said:
Well that's good news! :thumbup: Loyola is my first choice, outside of California that is (mainly I'm just holding out for UCI, I probably would take Loyola over USC).

Do you think that I should send it an update letter if I do it right away via express mail, or is it too late for that now?

definitely send in a LOI and updates on all new activities. best of luck.

Psycho Doctor said:
definitely send in a LOI and updates on all new activities. best of luck.

I agree totally.

LaurieB said:
I agree totally.

Okay, I'll send one in first thing tomorrow! I would have done it today, but I had finals (quarter system). Thanks Laurie! And Psycho too!

edit: :oops: :oops: :oops:

So, um, I was checking my Word documents and it appears I already sent an update letter to Loyola on March 7th. I think the med school admission process has finally driven me insane. And since I haven't had any real news to update since March 7th, I'm just going to let that one stand.

Thanks for the advice anyway guys. :thumbup:

babybichon said:

well this is just super! I check for snailmail everyday from Loyola and UIC (the last two that haven't rejected me) and when I don't have any, I just forget about it til the next day. THEN, I finally read this thread just now and realize IT IS too late to be expecting letters of some kind from Loyola. Did everyone get their invites through snailmail? I should have gotten SOMETHING by now right?? help!

tacrum43 said:
Okay, I'll send one in first thing tomorrow! I would have done it today, but I had finals (quarter system). Thanks Laurie! And Psycho too!

edit: :oops: :oops: :oops:

So, um, I was checking my Word documents and it appears I already sent an update letter to Loyola on March 7th. I think the med school admission process has finally driven me insane. And since I haven't had any real news to update since March 7th, I'm just going to let that one stand.

Thanks for the advice anyway guys. :thumbup:
But did you send them a LOI...saying if accepted you will definitely attend?

PS: the process made me insane too, so don't feel bad...sometimes I don't even remember which school said what.

Psycho Doctor said:
But did you send them a LOI...saying if accepted you will definitely attend?

PS: the process made me insane too, so don't feel bad...sometimes I don't even remember which school said what.

I guess that's why you're "Psycho" doctor, huh? ;) I already sent a letter of intent to UCI, so I can't send one to Loyola until UCI rejects me. I just checked my UCI status page today, and it's changed to "on hold". I'm not sure quite what that means, because I think they only have one interview date left and it's coming up very soon (in fact, I'm not sure that they're not done already). Still, I suppose it's better than an outright rejection and hey, if they want me to drop everything and drive down the night before, I am so willing to do that for an interview.

Hey everyone, I was just wondering about how Loyola notifies you of acceptance. Email, phone call, snail mail?? just wondering if anyone can help me out. Also, what did everyone else think about the school?