Loyola late Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I take the interview?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Siverhideo1985

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

any quick thoughts would be much appreciated.

I just got an invite to interview at Loyola University. I am wondering if I should go since I hold an acceptance at Tufts.

I really loved Tufts but I have heard alot of good things about Loyola as well. Any input on my dilemma would be much appreciated.

I am not that strong of an applicant (GPA and MCAT wise) where an interview is a small deal, so I am hesitant to just let one go without giving it a chance, but I am also short on cash.

Anyhoos...thanks for the input.

And remember: your mom always told you "if you don't have anything nice to say about a thread or its poster on SDN, then you should you just keep your mouth shut" :D (although if you have the ugly down low on Loyola, let me know)

Members don't see this ad.

hello 200k club member.

if you've got the time and money, I think you should go. Who knows, you may love the school.

I interviewed there and had a terrific experience.

hello 200k club member.

if you've got the time and money, I think you should go. Who knows, you may love the school.

I interviewed there and had a terrific experience.

thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious- how did Loyola inform you of the interview? E-mail I am assuming. I have been complete forever and haven't heard a thing.

Just curious- how did Loyola inform you of the interview? E-mail I am assuming. I have been complete forever and haven't heard a thing.

Nothing here, too. They said that they interview through April on the phone, so there may be hope

Nothing here, too. They said that they interview through April on the phone, so there may be hope

I got an email and a call right after this morning. I wouldn't worry too much about my interview invite though as a reference, I was in their SMP and since I did well enough they guarantee you an interview.

But I did ask the lady on the phone how the acceptance situation looked and she said that there is still open spots and I seemed to have my free pick of days for interviews the week of the 23rd in March.

go, don't want to think .. what if!

I loved Loyola, and would go there in a heartbeat if I am accepted. I interviewed about two weeks ago and am waiting to hear back from them.

From my impression, and from what I've been told, Loyola isn't as into stats as most other schools. They generally want you to meet a certain threshold, which you meet because they offered you an interview. At this point, were you to interview, the most important thing in determining your acceptance/waitlist/rejection would probably (I’m not on the adcom, so it’s just my opinion!) be their impression of you as a person, from the interview. They know you're smart enough, and have sufficient experience. So if you decide to interview, dazzle them with who you are as a person--share some personal stories, and connect with the interviewer. I think a sincere interview at Loyola goes a long way. I really enjoyed my interviews and chatting with the students at Loyola, and I think it's a wonderful way to spend the day.

I understand money is an issue (I have none myself!), but if you think there is a chance that, were you were accepted to Loyola, you might choose them over Tufts, then I’d encourage you to go for the interview. Medical school is four years, and if you could be quite a bit happier at one place than another I think it’s worth looking into.

If you felt like you were in heaven when you visited Tufts and felt at home there, then A) congrats on your acceptance to Tufts! B) There might be someone else who would really appreciate your interview slot at Loyola.

Overall I’d encourage you to go—I don’t think you’ll regret it.

-Brent

I loved Loyola, and would go there in a heartbeat if I am accepted. I interviewed about two weeks ago and am waiting to hear back from them.

From my impression, and from what I've been told, Loyola isn't as into stats as most other schools. They generally want you to meet a certain threshold, which you meet because they offered you an interview. At this point, were you to interview, the most important thing in determining your acceptance/waitlist/rejection would probably (I’m not on the adcom, so it’s just my opinion!) be their impression of you as a person, from the interview. They know you're smart enough, and have sufficient experience. So if you decide to interview, dazzle them with who you are as a person--share some personal stories, and connect with the interviewer. I think a sincere interview at Loyola goes a long way. I really enjoyed my interviews and chatting with the students at Loyola, and I think it's a wonderful way to spend the day.

I understand money is an issue (I have none myself!), but if you think there is a chance that, were you were accepted to Loyola, you might choose them over Tufts, then I’d encourage you to go for the interview. Medical school is four years, and if you could be quite a bit happier at one place than another I think it’s worth looking into.

If you felt like you were in heaven when you visited Tufts and felt at home there, then A) congrats on your acceptance to Tufts! B) There might be someone else who would really appreciate your interview slot at Loyola.

Overall I’d encourage you to go—I don’t think you’ll regret it.

-Brent

thanks for the really good input. I will sleep on it for a night and mull it over for a bit I think.

I also got the same phone call and email this morning inviting me for an interview. I already have a few acceptances, but I'm interested in Loyola and Chicago. So I plan on going. I also had my pick of the week of March 23rd, and I decided to interview on the 24th. To be considerate to others without acceptances, I am only going to interviews now at schools that I am seriously considering.

i think if there is any chance in your mind that you might go to Loyola, then absolutely go to the interview (provided that you have the money to travel). not only will you learn more about Loyola, but it'll also give you more information to make an informed pro/con list of both schools and decide on where to go.

the only time i've turned down interviews is when i know for sure i would never ever go to that school over one that i've been accepted at.