Loyola phone call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vbh61422

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a call from loyola yesterday or today? I read on one thread that one nontrad did, but other than that I havent really heard anything. Anyone wanna expand on that?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i did not recieve a phone call, just an acceptance letter. However, I am not a non-trad. ....I guess that makes me a traditional applicant?

i did not recieve a phone call, just an acceptance letter. However, I am not a non-trad. ....I guess that makes me a traditional applicant?

I think the OP was referring to appleshr (I may be a little off on the name), who is a non-trad, and posted recently about getting a call saying they were accepted at Loyola. But certainly all acceptees don't get the call - I didn't either. Just a letter, like you.

Regardless, congrats, bosoxmack! :hardy:

Hahah Phoenix's story about her naked Loyola interview invite is still my fav SDN story. /Threadjack

Hahah Phoenix's story about her naked Loyola interview invite is still my fav SDN story. /Threadjack

Oh, good god. I completely forgot about that. And even worse, I can't believe I posted about it! I must have been Loyola-delirious at the time! Thanks so much for bringing that up, drizzt. I owe you one. :hungover:

Haha, that story made me think twice about withdrawing frow there :)

Haha, you can do a search if you really want to find it. I've already risked enough by revealing its existence :)

That reminds me that I have to add Phoenix to the SDNers you want to meet most thread, although it looks like that won't happen except in the unlikely case that we both end up getting love from Feinberg :(

Haha, you can do a search if you really want to find it. I've already risked enough by revealing its existence :)

That reminds me that I have to add Phoenix to the SDNers you want to meet most thread, although it looks like that won't happen except in the unlikely case that we both end up getting love from Feinberg :(

Wise, very wise.

Btw, how did I miss that thread? I'd absolutely be up for meeting, and I don't think Feinberg is the only shot (also, I live so close to Feinberg that we could easily meet up for a drink even if I didn't get an interview when you do). We would probably also get to meet if USC decided to honor me with an interview. But I fear that's even more of a long shot, though, as I have no ties to USC, and supposedly they kind of like that (especially if you're not from CA). But I did do a stint in LA, and it's on my application, so maybe they'll give me a chance.

Wise, very wise.

Btw, how did I miss that thread? I'd absolutely be up for meeting, and I don't think Feinberg is the only shot. We would probably also get to meet if USC decided to honor me with an interview. But I fear that's even more of a long shot, though, as I have no ties to USC, and supposedly they kind of like that (especially if you're not from CA). But I did do a stint in LA, and it's on my application, so maybe they'll give me a chance.

That's true, I forgot you applied to Keck. USC's admissions decisions seem sort of odd, we'll see what happens with the rest of the cycle for them. My three postbac classmates who are current M1s were complete in July/August but didn't interview until Feb/March for some reason, I guess it didn't hurt them! Good luck with the app there! I'm still waiting for an invite from them as well, we'll see what happens during the rest of the cycle!

I think I've actually met 5-10 ppl from SDN (that I know of) although I'm sure some there are some ninja SDNers who concealed their patronage of the site hehe. MOST of them seem to be less neurotic in person then their online persona would indicate :) I think my personality is pretty similar online and IRL, but who knows.

I'll still hold out hope for the opportunity to meet with the inimitable Phoenix.!

wait....what?

420kitten.jpg

I think I've actually met 5-10 ppl from SDN (that I know of) although I'm sure some there are some ninja SDNers who concealed their patronage of the site hehe. MOST of them seem to be less neurotic in person then their online persona would indicate :) I think my personality is pretty similar online and IRL, but who knows.

I'll still hold out hope for the opportunity to meet with the inimitable Phoenix.!

Now the question is - do you tell people when you think you've met them? Or do you keep mum and just think to yourself "So-and-so is actually such-and-such on SDN?"

Now the question is - do you tell people when you think you've met them? Or do you keep mum and just think to yourself "So-and-so is actually such-and-such on SDN?"

Well, usually I will PM them after I get back from the interview if I figure out who they are. I don't have everyone's MDApps and SNs memorized so I probably wouldn't ask them while I was there haha. Sometimes I figure it out awhile later though, not immediately. I've seen some people at multiple interviews before too that are on SDN (Hi Kiara08!) as well as people that aren't on SDN (to the best of my knowledge) at multiple interviews. I guess the pre-med community isn't that big.

When I was at CCLCM some girl actually asked all the assembled interviewees who "drizzt3117" was, though haha

And did you sit there grinning in silence and then post on SDN about it the next day? Cue: Hatman.

Haha no... I replied. I have a feeling I know who the person is but they haven't outed themselves yet...