Loyola Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the loyola secondary right now and in the instructions it says "if you feel your personal statement answers any of these questions please write refer to personal statement." Now, the prompt asks to describe how I reached my decision to enter medicine and that is exactly what my personal statement talks about. I was wondering if it looks bad to write "refer to my statement." I don't want to repeat my personal statement again, but I also don't want them to look down on me not writing another essay. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

mkdoc said:
I'm doing the loyola secondary right now and in the instructions it says "if you feel your personal statement answers any of these questions please write refer to personal statement." Now, the prompt asks to describe how I reached my decision to enter medicine and that is exactly what my personal statement talks about. I was wondering if it looks bad to write "refer to my statement." I don't want to repeat my personal statement again, but I also don't want them to look down on me not writing another essay. What do you guys think?

i definitely wouldn't repeat the personal statement...if you don't feel comfortable just writing "refer to my statement" (which i probably wouldn't) you could always write a brief essay along the lines of, "as i described in my personal statement, i am pursuing a career in medicine because ___________. To elaborate a little more on that, just recently I ______________." and you could somehow tie in something that may have happened since you wrote your personal statement...or even just go into a little more detail about one particular thing in your statement...then you're not repeating yourself, and you're also not just writing "look at my personal statement and stop asking me questions i already answered." :cool: