Loyola Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know you might harp me for being to....meticulous...but I have a formatting question. I am currently working on Loyola's secondary and they mention to:

"please limit your response to a maximum of 25 single-spaced lines for each question."

For two of my essays, I have about 27 lines each. How particular will the adcoms be?

:oops:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

25 means 25. I don't think it's any different than when an essay is supposed to be under 500 words. If you write 550, it makes you look like you can't follow directions, don't know how to summarize, and don't care for rules.

Actually I wouldnt worry if it is a line or two more, because with Loyola, you actually print it out and send it in versus an electronic submission, and I think it organizes the lines differently. Of course, since they read so many they have an idea of how long they should be, but if you were going over by 5-10% on one of the essays i doubt that it would be a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you type up your Essay straight into the secondary, it will automatically get cut off. Unless I am confusing it for another secondary that I've filled out.

A line or two over isn't a problem. I had a completely separate question when I submitted it, and when I called to ask the person who answered the phone, he thought I was asking about the length. He spontaneously said, "it's fine if it's a couple lines over."

whats the question, im still waiting on this secondary, might as well do it now

whats the question, im still waiting on this secondary, might as well do it now

1. What do you consider a valuable experience in your personal development? This might be a decision you have made, an achievement of which you are particularly proud, or a person who has influenced your life.

2. Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered.

3. How did you reach your decision to enter medicine? Describe your participation in any health care or other activities which reinforced your decision.

4. What self-education, research, or independent scholastic work have you undertaken and what do you feel you have accomplished in this work?

5. If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student during the current academic year, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation into medical school.

6. Please use this space to bring the information contained on your AMCAS application up-to-date. Indicate grades earned, alterations in your proposed course work or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know.