1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Loyola--should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pandabear, Aug 25, 2001.

1. pandabear

pandabear Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm an Illinois resident with an average GPA. Took the MCAT in August. I haven't received a secondary from Loyola yet. And I think some of you fine folks on SDN said that Loyola screens...are they waiting for my MCAT scores or am I out of the running already??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I think they are waiting for ur MCAT scores...

I dont think any school at this point can afford to "reject" any student....

good luck :D

4. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    pandabear,

It could be possible that Loyola is sending out their secondary in batches. When did you "submit" your AMCAS application? They do a preliminary screen of your one page that AMCAS supposedly sent to the schools. Has yours been sent? Also, I don't think August MCAT's factor in b/c I just took the MCAT last Saturday. Just keep on checking your mail.

5. pandabear

pandabear Member
    10+ Year Member

Pendulum-
    I submitted Jun 26th, i think. It was the first day I could submit, so fairly early. That's why I'm worried. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see.

6. ludey

ludey Member
    7+ Year Member

pandabear, i'm in the same spot. I am in IL resident with a decent GPA and MCAT, above Loyola's averages, and I have not yet recieved a secondary. I also submitted on the first possible day. I am thinking I will call them today to see whats up, what do you think?

7. Asteras1

Asteras1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you have no previous MCAT score, then I am sorry to say that Loyola will not send you a secondary until November. This was my experience last year and I had an above average GPA. For the rest of you with decent GPAs and MCATs, Loyola tends to be a little slow so be patient.

8. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ludey,

Did you call Loyola? I applied there too, but I haven't heard a thing. I was going to call them today but I didn't get a chance...

Oh by the way, I took the MCAT in April and did well, so THAT's not it...

9. ludey

ludey Member
    7+ Year Member

I called Loyola today. The lady was not very helpful. She said that they were in the process of sending out secondaries. So some have recieved them and some have not. She said they would have a better idea of everything in about two weeks. I dont really know what this means but whatever. So to all those panicing about not recieving loyola's secondary dont worry. I think it kinda sucks though that i submitted my amcas on the first day and others are recieving their secondaries a month before me.