Loyola Stritch vs Michigan State CHM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which would you pick?

• Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

shadoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had to pick between these two schools (OOS for both) what would you pick?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a bit partial towards Loyola, as I'm most likely going there next year. What's the tuition difference between the two, though? Loyola's tuition is the only reason I'm considering going elsewhere.

I dunno much about Loyola, but MSU has a strong focus on primary care. So you don't want to go there if you want to specialize.

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP

Loyola:
tuition=35k
class=140
location=chicago

MSU:
tuition:50k
class=106
location=east lansing, MI

BUMP

Loyola:
tuition=35k
class=140
location=chicago

MSU:
class=106

MSU's class size is actually increasing to 156 this year with the new Grand Rapids campus expansion

BUMP

Loyola:
tuition=35k
class=140
location=chicago

MSU:
class=106

Tuition at MSU as an OOS student is actually a bit higher than that.

why don't you tell us what you are looking for in a school, and what YOU think the pros and cons are.

Im not interested in primary care. I will have a masters degree in biomedical engineering and would love to do something like radiology, ortho surg, emerg medicine (this is subject to change of course when I start med school).

Loyola: gorgeous facilities, nicest gym in the world, extremely friendly people, but a bit far from the city (thats the only con i can think of)

MSU: great facilities, very friendly people, didnt think much of east lansing, they are big on primary care (im not) seems dead when the undergrads arent around, expen$ive!!

I liked both schools but im leaning towards Loyola. Just wanted to see how SDN felt about the 2 schools.