loyola vs. georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scottie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've interviewed at both places and I am not sure which school I would go to (if I was accepted at both, of course). I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on these two schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Take Loyola if you don't have a problem with the Jesuit affiliation. Georgetown has serious financial issues.

Georgetown is a Jesuit institution as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops. My bad. As you can see, I thoroughly researched Georgetown before I decided to apply there. :)

any more thoughts on Loyola or Georgetown?

other than having visited georgetown's undergraduate campus several years ago, i know very little of it. is their med school on the same campus? that being said, i interviewed at loyola, and was very impressed by everything i saw there. facilities are essentially brand new, the staff + faculty are overly nice, and the students seemed relatively happy (as happy as they could be on an exam day). The loyola hospitals are top notch, and it's in chicago. The only thing I don't really like about loyola is the med school campus is pretty isolated (ie, no undergrad campus, not really associated with a downtown area, etc). overall tho, i think anyone who goes to loyola is going to have a good experience.

fyi: Georgetown med is on the same campus as the undergrad, but no on campus housing for med students! :(