Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

loyola vs. georgetown

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scottie, Nov 29, 2001.

1. scottie

scottie Member

I've interviewed at both places and I am not sure which school I would go to (if I was accepted at both, of course). I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on these two schools.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

Take Loyola if you don't have a problem with the Jesuit affiliation. Georgetown has serious financial issues.

4. none

none 1K Member

Georgetown is a Jesuit institution as well!

5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

Oops. My bad. As you can see, I thoroughly researched Georgetown before I decided to apply there. :)

6. scottie

scottie Member

any more thoughts on Loyola or Georgetown?

7. bald

bald Member

other than having visited georgetown's undergraduate campus several years ago, i know very little of it. is their med school on the same campus? that being said, i interviewed at loyola, and was very impressed by everything i saw there. facilities are essentially brand new, the staff + faculty are overly nice, and the students seemed relatively happy (as happy as they could be on an exam day). The loyola hospitals are top notch, and it's in chicago. The only thing I don't really like about loyola is the med school campus is pretty isolated (ie, no undergrad campus, not really associated with a downtown area, etc). overall tho, i think anyone who goes to loyola is going to have a good experience.

8. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member

fyi: Georgetown med is on the same campus as the undergrad, but no on campus housing for med students! :(