Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else who took the August MCAT get a Loyola secondary? I got one today... i assume that means that the schools have received our MCAT scores since Loyola screens applicants...?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your secondary!! I guess that does mean some schools can get our mcat scores before we can. Freaky! :laugh:

i would guess no. this is more likely a result of a GPA screening. i don't see how all of your schools could possibly have your scores two weeks before they're released, or even still, why that wouldn't mean they couldn't be released to you at that time.

and no, contrary to popular opinion, they don't withhold scores this long just to make applicants squirm.

but it is funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha there's no way it's gpa screening. i'm below a 3.3 :p plus earlier someone did mention schools saying they get our scores in late september...

Kix said:
haha there's no way it's gpa screening. i'm below a 3.3 :p plus earlier someone did mention schools saying they get our scores in late september...

i'd say they definitely have your score, just not your essay portion. i know for a fact that they finish with the 3 other sections long before than the essays are done.
-mota

Kix said:
Anyone else who took the August MCAT get a Loyola secondary? I got one today... i assume that means that the schools have received our MCAT scores since Loyola screens applicants...?

Kix, when did you submit your AMCAS and did you receive the Loyola secondary by snail mail or email?

safeflower said:
Kix, when did you submit your AMCAS and did you receive the Loyola secondary by snail mail or email?

I submitted AMCAS on 8/23, received all the secondaries except loyola's within 2 weeks... and just got loyola's secondary by snailmail yesterday 9/30.

Kix said:
I submitted AMCAS on 8/23, received all the secondaries except loyola's within 2 weeks... and just got loyola's secondary by snailmail yesterday 9/30.

oh. i sumbitted 7/21 and i still haven't received a secondary from them. god, i hope this doesn't mean i didn't pass their screening, which means i didn't do well on the mcat. but i didn't receive a rejection letter either...great, now i'm really nervous. :(

safeflower said:
oh. i sumbitted 7/21 and i still haven't received a secondary from them. god, i hope this doesn't mean i didn't pass their screening, which means i didn't do well on the mcat. but i didn't receive a rejection letter either...great, now i'm really nervous. :(

I feel the same way, though since my AMCAS just went through last week, I'm hoping that they just haven't had time to process me (Please let it not be a bad MCAT score that's hurting me!)

mashce said:
I feel the same way, though since my AMCAS just went through last week, I'm hoping that they just haven't had time to process me (Please let it not be a bad MCAT score that's hurting me!)

Well, maybe I'm just trying to comfort myself, but it's probably too early to really start worrying about this. I mean, esp for you, if you submitted AMCAS last week. But really there could be a number of reasons for not receiving a secondary. For one thing, they may not have all been mailed on the same day and even if they were, that doesn't mean we'll all get them the same day. And of course, there's the possibility that, for whatever reason, Loyola didn't send secondaries to some people with good or even great MCAT scores. They probably have to arbitrarily cut some people, like so many other schools. I guess I won't completely panic until I actually see my score (or unless I get rejections from a lot of places before Oct 14).

safeflower said:
Well, maybe I'm just trying to comfort myself, but it's probably too early to really start worrying about this. I mean, esp for you, if you submitted AMCAS last week. But really there could be a number of reasons for not receiving a secondary. For one thing, they may not have all been mailed on the same day and even if they were, that doesn't mean we'll all get them the same day. And of course, there's the possibility that, for whatever reason, Loyola didn't send secondaries to some people with good or even great MCAT scores. They probably have to arbitrarily cut some people, like so many other schools. I guess I won't completely panic until I actually see my score (or unless I get rejections from a lot of places before Oct 14).
Good for you. I've been panicking since the day I took the test. I had really high scores on my practice tests, but apparently test anxiety is still a major problem for me...

OK, It's been three days, and I still haven't gotten the secondary from Loyola. My MCAT must have been a disaster. Crud...

I took the August MCAT and got a secondary from them before August 20th. I did have an MCAT score from 2003 though.