Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an August MCATer and have received 2ndaries from every school I applied to except Loyola. Anyone else? Do they screen?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, they screen. somewhat anyway. i'm an august mcater and am still waiting for mine.

I'm in exactly the same boat. August MCATer, and this is the only secondary that I have not received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here...received a card saying they would wait for August MCAT's but have heard nada since.

I got it yesterday. Was both April and August MCAT'er. I was verified 9/27. Peace.

Loyola is just traditionally slow. Be patient.

I recieved mine a long time ago and i was an august mcater...I think they screen for stuff like if you took all the required couses and do a cutoff of some sort...i took one MCAT a in 2000 so maybe they used that score while they waited for my new one and thought that the original score was good enough for a secondary...

however...stanford and UCLA has yet to contact me...how rediculous is that! I think the deadlines are approaching for them...dah!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

what deadlines? do schools have to get back to us in a certain amount of time?

Originally posted by lola
what deadlines? do schools have to get back to us in a certain amount of time?

well... they have to send you the secondaries before the deadline for when the secondaries are due... i heard that stanford has a lot of essay questions so they should give ample time for people to do them...

I think schools should just hurry up and screen and tell you if you have a shot or not...it rediculous to keep people waiting pre secondary!!!!

i thought the secondary deadlines were dependent upon when the schools sent them to you except for maybe a final december/january deadline.

I'm waiting on Loyola also, the problem is mainly that they take only paper copies of the AMCAS apps, no electronic transmission, so it's all backed up. I had a friend get in there last week (he took the April MCAT), so eventually they'll get us. Meantime, we'll all be frustrated together.