Loyola

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JMD, Oct 25, 2002.

1. JMD

JMD Senior Member

I am an August MCATer and have received 2ndaries from every school I applied to except Loyola. Anyone else? Do they screen?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member

yes, they screen. somewhat anyway. i'm an august mcater and am still waiting for mine.

4. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member

I'm in exactly the same boat. August MCATer, and this is the only secondary that I have not received.

5. opus03

opus03 Senior Member

Same here...received a card saying they would wait for August MCAT's but have heard nada since.

6. NE_Cornhusker1

NE_Cornhusker1 12" Member

I got it yesterday. Was both April and August MCAT'er. I was verified 9/27. Peace.

7. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!

Loyola is just traditionally slow. Be patient.

8. johnstoner

johnstoner Ben Franklin on Hashish

I recieved mine a long time ago and i was an august mcater...I think they screen for stuff like if you took all the required couses and do a cutoff of some sort...i took one MCAT a in 2000 so maybe they used that score while they waited for my new one and thought that the original score was good enough for a secondary...

however...stanford and UCLA has yet to contact me...how rediculous is that! I think the deadlines are approaching for them...dah!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. lola

lola Bovine Member

what deadlines? do schools have to get back to us in a certain amount of time?

10. johnstoner

johnstoner Ben Franklin on Hashish

Originally posted by lola
    what deadlines? do schools have to get back to us in a certain amount of time?

well... they have to send you the secondaries before the deadline for when the secondaries are due... i heard that stanford has a lot of essay questions so they should give ample time for people to do them...

I think schools should just hurry up and screen and tell you if you have a shot or not...it rediculous to keep people waiting pre secondary!!!!

11. lola

lola Bovine Member

i thought the secondary deadlines were dependent upon when the schools sent them to you except for maybe a final december/january deadline.

12. siempre595

I'm waiting on Loyola also, the problem is mainly that they take only paper copies of the AMCAS apps, no electronic transmission, so it's all backed up. I had a friend get in there last week (he took the April MCAT), so eventually they'll get us. Meantime, we'll all be frustrated together.