LRC: to Waive or not to waive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay. so i have a question about this section below

I waive my "right to access" to the attached Letter of Evaluation.

The following explanation is given to the applicant for this question:
By "waiving your right to access," you do not have the right to read the evaluation once completed by the evaluator.
I do not waive my "right to access" to the attached Letter of Evaluation.

The following explanation is given to the applicant for this question:
By not "waiving your right to access," you have the right to read the evaluation once completed by the evaluator.

I'm still confused as to what that means. Does it matter to the dental schools if i read it or not?

help?

Members don't see this ad.

I would waive it...From what I have been told if you choose not to waive it they mark on the envelope that you chose to do that. It just shows that you may not have confidence in what your recommender wrote, which might not look so good.

Definitely waive. Otherwise it's less credible to school's b/c you being allowed to see it jeopardizes confidentiality and truthfullness.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay. but what if my dentist told ME to write it? should i still indicate it as WAIVED?.....

No one needs to know that you've already seen it or that you wrote it. When you waive the right to see it, it justs means that the schools are not required to show it to you.