LSU Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm There! But I have a test that ends @730 so I will be there soon after. :thumbup:

cubsrule4e said:
So here's what we're looking at:

Monday night, 7:30 at the Chimes. Get on it!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Is this thing still on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude,
I was just going for a beer and an appetizer......don't want to drink and drive...lose my acceptance. Did you hear from anyone else?

I'll be there...as will Daze as I understand.

NCAA finals start around 8:30 so I plan to have some cocktails and leave pre-game or perhaps stay for the 1st half if others are interested/close to a TV.

UNC wins by 7...ILL won't have an answer for their inside game IMO. :)

See you there.

(Eric and the # is 225-936-7579 if you want to find me/us when anyone arrives)

978-7900...wearing orange LSU golf shirt..test until 1930. MIke is the name

See you boys tonight. Got to watch the game, too, so we can find a TV.
7:30 at the Chimes.
Daze

QUOTE=Termwean]978-7900...wearing orange LSU golf shirt..test until 1930. MIke is the name[/QUOTE]

D

Hey Y'all,
Good to meet ya last night. I had fun!

Daze said:
See you boys tonight. Got to watch the game, too, so we can find a TV.
7:30 at the Chimes.
Daze

D

Sounds like you guys had fun. :cool: There's a beer down here called "purple daze" that's pretty good. i'll have to take you kids over to tucker's to get one.

As a matter of fact that is what Daze and Matt were drinking...purple haze

I must be psychic.

Also, I was kinda hoping someone would call me out on my "purple daze" typo.

chameleonknight said:
I must be psychic.

Also, I was kinda hoping someone would call me out on my "purple daze" typo.

I was there w/ the Purple Hazers...just thought there might be some other version I hadn't heard of and didn't want to look ignorant as a result. :cool:

Enjoyed it as well all, and look forward to getting down there...

Members don't see this ad :)
cubsrule4e said:
I love me some purple daze!! :D

So, if someone is doing purple jello body shots off daze, that would be called...awesome. :laugh:

I was reading through the Homeless clinic website, and I noticed it said that not everyone can participate. I was pretty interested in doing this. Does anyone know what type of selection criteria they use, or how many people don't get to do it?

Thanks

Ben

Hey Tabasco,
I don't know much about the Homeless Clinic but I wouldn't worry too much about it. On the other hand, anyone recieves financial aid yet because it's mid-apr and I have not recieved mine? Besides FA, anyone doing the summer prematriculating program because they offer money and you get get a chance to chill with some of our classmates? Peace.

marr said:
Hey Tabasco,
I don't know much about the Homeless Clinic but I wouldn't worry too much about it. On the other hand, anyone recieves financial aid yet because it's mid-apr and I have not recieved mine? Besides FA, anyone doing the summer prematriculating program because they offer money and you get get a chance to chill with some of our classmates? Peace.

I got the fin aid packet a couple weeks back, and i'm not in LA. You might want to give them a call.

CK....I am surprised at you. Knock it off. :p

chameleonknight said:
So, if someone is doing purple jello body shots off daze, that would be called...awesome. :laugh:

Her FBI/ATF/CIA/COP boyfriend wouldn't like to hear that! Although it sounds tasty. Cccccccubs...you working this weekend....I work fri nite-sat nite-sun nite

TabascoMD said:
Any current M1's know?

Hmm, I don't think it's too hard to get involved in homeless clinic. Trust me, when it comes to your level of involvement, it's all about how much you want. Opportunities are EVERYWHERE for community service, etc. you just have to jump on them.

Homeless clinic involves a commitment of about once a month for 4 years.

Later.

chameleonknight said:
Hmm, I don't think it's too hard to get involved in homeless clinic. Trust me, when it comes to your level of involvement, it's all about how much you want. Opportunities are EVERYWHERE for community service, etc. you just have to jump on them.

Homeless clinic involves a commitment of about once a month for 4 years.

Later.

Thanks for the info :thumbup:

chameleonknight said:
thanks for the thumbs up :thumbup:

Great avatar there Ron....

Did all of you rat-bastards bail out on Camp Tiger???

LSUwannabe said:
Did all of you rat-bastards bail out on Camp Tiger???

:laugh: No, I'm still in there. See you in a month! :thumbup:

-Kim

Has anyone received a financial aid award letter? I got the package to fill out forms in Feb., but I'm curious to know if LSU-NO has sent out the amount of loans they'll give us. Thanks!

cubsrule4e said:
Yeah I got completely screwed. Tonight, next Fri AND Sat, 6p-2a in Peds

Hey cubs,

What can you tell me about this pre-enrichment summer program outside of the little info posted on the website?

kimney said:
Has anyone received a financial aid award letter? I got the package to fill out forms in Feb., but I'm curious to know if LSU-NO has sent out the amount of loans they'll give us. Thanks!

Nope, I haven't received mine either.

I'll be going to LSUNO next fall. Any others out there going there besides Kim?

kimney said:

Hey Kimney.

I don't think it's a quick process. I received my packet then as well, finished it within a week, and submitted it in person (as I had just moved to NO and started a job at the HSC).

Mine is still "pending."

Good luck and see you at Camp Tiger...I think?

TOok my last final at LSU-BAton Rouge Tonight...next stop LSU-NO...woooo-hooooo

Anyone goin to LSUNO living in New Orleans already?

Congrats Mike!

nellish said:
Anyone goin to LSUNO living in New Orleans already?

I moved to NO a month ago...I'm sure there's a native or two or three lurking here somewhere.

marr and LSUwannabe, thanks for the posts. I just moved home and was afraid that my mail might got lost somewhere.

LSUwannabe, I'm still going to Camp Tiger. I contacted my co-counselor and she's really nice. And also, I talked with my camper's mom and my little camper sounds cute. I can't wait for Camp! Have never been to the aquarium and haven't been to the zoo since I was in elementary school.

Termwean, congrats on being done! BTW, I saw a pic of your newborn in the pre-allo forum. Your baby is adorable! :)

I wish I could do Tiger Camp w/ y'all....but I need to work and spend as much time with the family as possible. My family from Boston is flying in for my graduation and will still be in town when the camp starts. Maybe I can make it down to LSUwannabe's house one night after y'all get out of camp (if my family up north could only hear me using words like "y'all".....haha, I would just say "wicked" all the time, put on a boston accent and make fun of them back).

hey guys! congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted to LSU (NO or Shreveport) for fall 2005! but....don't forget about your little old friends still left in the pre-allopathic forum...you know - the ones still sweating out the "no action" situation. we have a few questions about your experiences and would love to have you join us in our over-analyzing and nervous nail-biting thread. (no, seriously, it's not that bad....) anyway, the thread was started by 2tall and is called "Lsu- No Action ... No Holds Barred!"

(if i was smart, i would be able to post the direct link to the thread, but i'm not that gifted...)

thanks!
jen

Just wanted to bump the thread to show off my new avatar. Be afraid. Be vary afraid.

2tall said:
-jen...like they really care! :laugh:

hahaha -- so true! at least they can come and laugh at our misery and feel pretty damn good about already being accepted!! ;)

Termwean said:
I wish I could do Tiger Camp w/ y'all....but I need to work and spend as much time with the family as possible. My family from Boston is flying in for my graduation and will still be in town when the camp starts. Maybe I can make it down to LSUwannabe's house one night after y'all get out of camp (if my family up north could only hear me using words like "y'all".....haha, I would just say "wicked" all the time, put on a boston accent and make fun of them back).

Wicked good idea...maybe should plan a Monday night BBQ to kick off the week.

Well guys, the time is quickly approaching...Ive got a place to live now, a sophomore buddy (who coincidentally happens to be a guy i graduated from HS with), and ive got 3 shifts left at my hospital job. Like i told Blondi, things are becoming really official, really fast! :eek:

need housing in new orleans? im going to be a second year at tulane, and im moving in with a roommate (cheaper rent). i live in a fantastic single thats a little on the pricey end (725/mo), but still far cheaper than the warehouse district apartments. youll find that, though it is easy to find an apartment any time of year in new orleans, its very difficult to find a clean place without bugs and with modern appliances. my apartment is two miles down canal, which is a direct drive to the medical school. theres never any traffic on this street, an added bonus, since there always is traffic if youre coming from uptown in the morning. the apartment is available july 1, so email me at [email protected] if youre interested. ideally, id like to hook up a med student (and im sure my landlord would like one, too) so let me know if youre interested, so i can pull the ad from craigslist. also, feel free to email me if you have any other questions or whatever about tulane. congratulations...

heres the link with pictures: http://neworleans.craigslist.org/apa/78305249.html

Whats the "dress code" over at New Orleans? Any reason why Shreveport has suddenly become fanatical on this subject? Ive gotten 3 "official" emails so far, and all of them preach the new dress code in increasing intensity and provide links to further enhance one's knowledge on the subject. I mean...were people really wearing shirts with profanity and whatnot on them to class and/or in the hospital? Anyone with any kind of sense should know how to dress appropriately, especially when dealing with patients. This is really starting to remind me of high school. :rolleyes:

Dude,
No shorts, hats..? WTF? That policy is punishing you for getting in. Slacks everyday? you said they sent this to you 3 times..I guess that means they are planning on enforcing it.