LSU new orleans housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no-olas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already started with onliine searching for housing. Anyone have any reccomendations. All nay-ssayers you can defer commments. Much of New Orleans is still above ground and according to others there are many nice areas. I am looking on probably buying something..... any reccomendations on which regions??

How do you connect with a realtor from another city ahead of time to optimize your time on a quick trip while looking feverishly for a few days?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I am a student in New Orleans right now, are you looking for an apartment or house?

ElDentistFuturo said:
I am a student in New Orleans right now, are you looking for an apartment or house?
most likely house....
I have been told that the following areas are decent:

Old Metairie
Metaririe
Uptown
tulane area
Jefferson

have no idea how to arrange looking around in these areas, probably contact a realtor i would bet. As for cost now vs prior Katrina, if I were a local I am sure that insight would be invaluable.

What do you think?

New Orleans is a wonderful city. I know it well. My hometown was severely affected by Katrina..and like New Orleans..we are fighting to come back. I'm glad you didn't let the storm keep you away from the city.

As for housing. Contact your Prog. coordinator..they should be able to hook you up with a realtor. If you can afford a house..buy cuz I'm sure property values will shoot up once they demolish everything..and start building again. I would rent the first year..until you get the feel of the city. Prior to the storm..there were some parts of the city you wouldn't want to be caught dead in after dark...I'm sure once everything is cleaned up..things will go back to normal.

The cost of living is a little higher post-katrina...but the south is still pretty cheap compared to places like NY and Cali.

I'm sure you've heard the bad and the good about the place...the good far outweighs the bad..and I assure you..the good times will surely "roll again!" Good luck!

oh by the way...be prepared to see some "interesting" stuff...because of the storm..this area is seeing some "wierd" diseases these days..

How's the Marigny doing post-Katrina?

-The Trifling Jester