LSU-NO and LSU-Shreveport?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nl9569

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering how close to the end of interviews both LSU schools are. I have a 3.5 GPA (somewhat low, i know), and a 27 MCAT with tons of extracurriculars and volunteer work. I still haven't got an interview invite and i'm thinking at this point it may be too late. Anyone else in the same boat; Or anyone with similar stats already get an invite? I'm planning on sending a letter of interest to both schools this week and would appreciate any help i can get on how to lay one out. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nl9569 said:
Hi, i was just wondering how close to the end of interviews both LSU schools are. I have a 3.5 GPA (somewhat low, i know), and a 27 MCAT with tons of extracurriculars and volunteer work. I still haven't got an interview invite and i'm thinking at this point it may be too late. Anyone else in the same boat; Or anyone with similar stats already get an invite? I'm planning on sending a letter of interest to both schools this week and would appreciate any help i can get on how to lay one out. Thanks!

I'm interviewed and was accepted at both. I'm pretty sure LSU-S's class is very close to full, if not full. I also think that Shreveport will probably have the least amount of waitlist movement in along time due to the conditions in New Orleans.

In the next month, I have to decide between the schools, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to Shreveport. We have to relinquish our spots at other schools by the 15th of April or our offer from Shreveport is rescended.

LSU-NO is still interview, and so is Shreveport...I know alot of people who have been accepted to New Orleans, and I'm assuming they're getting close to filling, but they will lose more than normal to Shreveport.

Hey I'm also in the same situation. Same stats and lots of ec's. I was just wondering, did you get below an 8 on any part of your MCAT. I know people that have gotten into New Orleans with lower MCAT scores, but I think they had at least an 8 on every section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at NO recently. I was offered an interview in mid Feb. I have a GPA of around 3.7 and a 25 on my mcat. My most recent score is a 23...I went down...yea it sucks. My advice to you would be to let them know you still exist. Send them an updated transcript...any recent volunteer work...something. You are the only one that can toot your own horn. Dr. Eubanks told us today that the class is not filled yet and that they will be interviewing into mid to late april. The committee will meet for our group either the last Friday of March or the first one in April and then they will interview another set of students and end in April. So to give you an idea of how much time you have left to get an interview invite...I would say about 4 weeks. I say that because the closest interview date I could get was 3 weeks away from the date of my invite. With that time frame, an invite at the end of march would put you down for an interview around mid april. That is only an estimation from my experience...nothing set in stone. Dr. Eubanks also said they try to accept students who have at least 8's in each subsection on the mcat. However, I saw a guy on the mdapplicants website who was accepted to NO for the 06' cycle with subscores of 9,9,7 on his mcat...So that can give some hope. Just to add, the rest of my application is pretty stellar, I believe that helped me. After having read all this, I hope some of your worry was relieved and I am sorry if it made you feel worse. Have faith...God bless

hey everyone, I just wanted chime in. My stats are fairly close and I have my MPH, but I have gotten no love from LA schools. I'm not mad b/c I'm in elsewhere, but I just can't figure out what my app was missing for LSU except that I applied in Nov. Good luck to everyone.

Glad to hear that I'm not alone in this waiting boat! I completed in mid Dec. and I am still waiting to hear something. I called last week and my app was still under "Active Review." The lady told me they were interviewing into April and if anything happened w/ my app I would be notified. I don't know if there just behind b/c the deadlines were extended or if normally takes this long. I have similar stats as you guys, so I don't know if they just haven't gotten to app yet or if they put me on hold to interview better apps first. Either way, all this waiting is wearing me thin. Good Luck to all.