LSU Shreveport vs LSU NO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBudlight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spent time at LSU Shreveport and its a kick butt program. Super well rounded. Going to go on springbreak in Panama City instead of externship at LSU NO. Can someone tell me if I am missing anything? How different is it from LSU Shreveport?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the middle of the application process to both of these schools. I have done a lot of searching for information about both. But I have not found anything about research for med students at lsu shreveport, only research that teachers are doing. Do they have independent research for ms1, ms2 summers or just working under professors or neither?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
For Shreveport you do all of MS3 and several months of MS4. There's no reason to do MS1 or MS2 for omfs. As a PGY-3 omfs you will have about 2 months of research. You must also present at the conference your chief year.
Is omfs oral maxillofacial surgery? I'm sorry I have never seen the abbreviation before. I meant while in medical school. For instance, a lot of schools have opportunity for paid or unpaid research during the summer or even scholar programs that last all four years.

Is omfs oral maxillofacial surgery? I'm sorry I have never seen the abbreviation before. I meant while in medical school. For instance, a lot of schools have opportunity for paid or unpaid research during the summer or even scholar programs that last all four years.

Are you currently applying to the medical schools at LSU-NO and LSU-Shreveport? If you are, you might want to consider asking your question on the pre-med/med forums. This thread is talking about the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Programs at these institutions.