LSUNO dorm kitchens DON'T have stoves? Plus another food question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tropic Risk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey there,

I'm a premed who was just accepted to LSUNO. I think I'll live in a dorm next year, but I'm having trouble deciding which to live in (Stanislaus or Residence). Is there anyone here who's had any experiences there? Anyone think that one is any better than the other? I noticed that the Stanislaus dorms don't have stoves anymore due to the kitchens not meeting building regulations. I welcome any thoughts, advice, etc about this.

Also, is there some kind of meal plan system there? All I know is that there's a cafeteria.

johnnyjringo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting accepted!

Wish I could give you some advice about the dorms...but I really never spent any time there (besides in the "gym") in the last three years. I did hear that Stanislaus was nicer than the old dorms. As far as the cafeteria, I don't think there's a "meal plan" in the college sense, but its not too expensive. Then again, it's pretty standard cafeteria fare, so you get what you pay for. And I think they don't serve dinner, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, sorry. Not so helpful there. If you PM me, I can call my "little buddy" who lives in one of the dorms and pass on some info. I'm sure she'd be glad to talk with you.

def jeff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I was also interested in the dorm situation at LSU. What kind of feedback do you get from students that live in the dorms (either one)?