LSUNO dorm kitchens DON'T have stoves? Plus another food question.

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Tropic Risk

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hey there,

I'm a premed who was just accepted to LSUNO. I think I'll live in a dorm next year, but I'm having trouble deciding which to live in (Stanislaus or Residence). Is there anyone here who's had any experiences there? Anyone think that one is any better than the other? I noticed that the Stanislaus dorms don't have stoves anymore due to the kitchens not meeting building regulations. I welcome any thoughts, advice, etc about this.

Also, is there some kind of meal plan system there? All I know is that there's a cafeteria.

johnnyjringo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2003
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Congrats on getting accepted!

Wish I could give you some advice about the dorms...but I really never spent any time there (besides in the "gym") in the last three years. I did hear that Stanislaus was nicer than the old dorms. As far as the cafeteria, I don't think there's a "meal plan" in the college sense, but its not too expensive. Then again, it's pretty standard cafeteria fare, so you get what you pay for. And I think they don't serve dinner, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, sorry. Not so helpful there. If you PM me, I can call my "little buddy" who lives in one of the dorms and pass on some info. I'm sure she'd be glad to talk with you.

def jeff

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey there, I was also interested in the dorm situation at LSU. What kind of feedback do you get from students that live in the dorms (either one)?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.