Luck makes all the difference on the MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I worked through AAMC V verbal reasoning I happened to feel comfortable with the topics of the passages and thus it helped me score well. This saturday UNLUCKY for me I felt like pucking through the verbal passages because I just couldn't get into them. I already talked to someone who felt the passages for my form BG weren't tough and actually liked some of them! It comes down to familiarity one may have with certain topics. Also, I happen to like O-chem, but only had about three O-chem passages on my test, while others have mentioned a greater ratio of O-chem to biology passages on their exam. the mcat is in a sense testing LUCK!

[This message has been edited by jmejia1 (edited April 22, 2001).]

Members don't see this ad.

The author of the above post would most likely DISAGREE with which of the following statements:

A. If you like verbal, you're lucky.
B. Saturday night is alright for fighting.
C. No, dog's lips have mitochondria.
D. The frequency of wrong answers stays the same, but the wavelength decreases.

AAAH! Am I having flashbacks of the nightmarish hell of the exam I took yesterday? Save me!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose you are right. I completed two graduate level immunology classes before I took the MCAT and as luck would have it, my bio section had two immunology passages in it. I didn't even have to read the passages because of my strong background. I ended up with twenty minutes left after finishing the section and went back to check my answers. I decided to change about six of my answers and ultimately scored a 15 on the bio section. I guess I have to thank my lucky stars for that test form.

As far as luck, I almost changed my "guess" from B to C, but decided to stay with B at the last minute.

I hope the test is scaled to reward loyalty.
smile.gif