Lysosomes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rushang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are lysosomes found in both, plant and animal cell ?

Looking at the campbell book, it says lysosomes are not found in plant cell but looking at DESTROYER qn 192, its one of the right answer...c

can some1 explain this...thanks...!!

Members don't see this ad.

haha I actually looked up that question yesterday... after checking a few googled sources they all said the lysosomes help distinguis animal cells from plant cells, because they are RARE in plant cells (not that they DON'T have em)..

of course internet isn't the best source, so if anyone has more accurate info, please share :)

okay im taking ap bio so i know a bit of stuff. i looked in my book just to make sure and it says all animal and plant cells have lysosomes but the prokaryotes dont have any. lysosomes are enztnes that digest organic compounds(im sure u knew that)

good luck. i suggest u buy one of those ap bio books. i have mc Graw hill 5 steps to a 5. very good book.:)

yes. if you pay attention, lysosomes are Membrane bond organell (MBO). so off course Prokaryotes don't have Lysosomes. Eukaryotes and plants do have Lysosomes.