M.A. clincal psychology schools in chicago! need help deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychgirl86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!

I am trying to decide between the
M.A. counseling psychology at Adler School of Prof. Psychology or
M.A. clinical psychology, counseling at the Chicago School of Prof. Psych

I like the social justice and community service aspect of the Adler school and the school is small and has more of an intimate feeling. but...i hear the Chicago school has a better reputation, and it is much nicer looking, have their own building and i like the multicultural approach to the program.

i also heard that the chicago school is having issues with providing resources to its students because the classes are larger and they seem to accept more students now. Is this true? do you guys have any advice??

anything would help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I was hoping someone answered your post to help me too!
I'm an undergraduate (career changer) and trying to map out my path and finding a good M.A. is important! I live in Loves Park, IL close to WI. and the only school close to me that I could find was National Lewis University and Wisconsin University, Madison. NLU phd in Psyschology program is in chicago only but they do have a M.A. program close in Elgin.

I would love to go to Chicago School of Psychology, heard great things about their program. BUTTT i've only been researching this career path for about a month now, so don't take my word for it. Sorry :(

I hope to find a good solid path... Community College, AA in Human Services then transfer Rockford College for BA in Psychology..then transfer to a Master program somewhere or go straight to a PHD program.

Hi,

I'm considering the Chicago School for fall. I have researched extensively to find out how good it is and have found little info. It seems to have a solid rep in the Chicago area, but outside of Chicago I have heard it be called a 'midget' in the world of Psych MA's, and most people I ask advise me to go to a University instead. However, the CS does have a very experience-focused approach, which I like especially if you are a career-changer. My biggest concern is lack of ranking. They are APA accredited but they aren't on the US News ranking of any kind of grad school ranking system.

Broca