M.A./M.S./Psyd/Phd options for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Siberia44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing ok in school (undergrad) up until senior year, when mental illness first hit. I didn't take any time off, my grades took a hit and I finished with a sub-3.0 gpa (above 2.75). I haven't taken the GRE's yet.

I'm looking for the best masters options for me. I come away thinking that the online options (hated around here, I know; I've read the threads) are my only ones. Is that true? I perused the web and saw some others (Austin Peay m.s., Florida Tech psyd, University of Kentucky clinical psych) that might be do-able if I do well on the GRE's. Where else should I look? Are there even any other options?

I would most like to pursue clinical psychology, but am open to other options.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do any online master's programs, they aren't going to help you get into a doctoral program. Well, at least not any doctoral programs you'd actually want to attend.

Go to a respectable, brick and mortar clinical psych or experimental psych master's program and get a 4.0, destroy the GREs, and get some pubs and posters and you may have a fighting chance.

Reactions: 1 user
I was doing ok in school (undergrad) up until senior year, when mental illness first hit. I didn't take any time off, my grades took a hit and I finished with a sub-3.0 gpa (above 2.75). I haven't taken the GRE's yet.

I'm looking for the best masters options for me. I come away thinking that the online options (hated around here, I know; I've read the threads) are my only ones. Is that true? I perused the web and saw some others (Austin Peay m.s., Florida Tech psyd, University of Kentucky clinical psych) that might be do-able if I do well on the GRE's. Where else should I look? Are there even any other options?

I would most like to pursue clinical psychology, but am open to other options.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you considered retaking some of the undergrad classes that you underperformed? This could help make a better case for you.

Reactions: 1 user