M.B.B.S. graduate -----> Masters in Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruwnshugga

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished medical school in China, in English, earning a Bachelors Degree in Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S.) in 5.5 years. I'm interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Psychology in the US. I am a 24 yr old US citizen and I simply want to know how I should go about the admissions process since it will be my first time applying to universities in the US, especially with a foreign bachelors degree in medicine.

I understand that initially, I would need to get my degree certified by WES (World Educational Services) and take the GRE, but other than those things, what do I need to accomplish in order to get into a good Psych program?

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey there, i don't know if your going to ever get the chance to read this or not but I'm pretty much in the same situation that you where. I'm about to graduate medical school from China and i want to pursue a masters degree in the united states. Could you possibly guide me through this if you have the experience?

I just finished medical school in China, in English, earning a Bachelors Degree in Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S.) in 5.5 years. I'm interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Psychology in the US. I am a 24 yr old US citizen and I simply want to know how I should go about the admissions process since it will be my first time applying to universities in the US, especially with a foreign bachelors degree in medicine.

I understand that initially, I would need to get my degree certified by WES (World Educational Services) and take the GRE, but other than those things, what do I need to accomplish in order to get into a good Psych program?

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
ut