M.d./j.d.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedflt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of careers follow after receiving an M.D./J.D. Specifically, what are the reasons behind choosing this specific program? I'm not sure if I want to pursue it or not yet, but I am planning on taking the LSAT anyway so I have been thinking of perhaps going ahead a doing a joint degree. Recently a lot of my focus has shifted towards law and its applications to medicine, so my interests seem to fit what I *think* someone pursuing the joint degree would want.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a great resource which, while advocating not doing it, shows both the pros and cons: http://www.pshrink.com/mdjd.html
I considered it, have to agree that I don't think it's worth it.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of careers follow after receiving an M.D./J.D. Specifically, what are the reasons behind choosing this specific program? I'm not sure if I want to pursue it or not yet, but I am planning on taking the LSAT anyway so I have been thinking of perhaps going ahead a doing a joint degree. Recently a lot of my focus has shifted towards law and its applications to medicine, so my interests seem to fit what I *think* someone pursuing the joint degree would want.